Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

A

A TJ stretched to LJ WB but the rear pushed to the edge of the body. No overhang like a LJ and if you pushed the front forward also your approach and departure angles will be awesome.
Only if you plan on no larger than 37's for what we do and we do a lot.

A TJ stretched to LJ WB is nick named a TJ6 after the CJ6 model.
No, they do call it a TJ-6 for the CJ-6 reason but the wheelbase is not TJ Unlimited which is 104. It is based on using the TJ overhang behind the axle and then stretching the tub exactly 15" to be able to use the TJ Unlimited hard top, soft top, and OEM roll bars. The frame gets stretched to put the wheel arch in the same relationship to the TJ tire opening as a stock TJ.

Wasn't there a debate about 1350's actually having more travel a few months back? I've heard that 1310's have more travel than 1350's many times, but I've heard a few times that 1350's actually have more angle due to the additional distance between the joints in the CV itself. This allows the CV to go to a greater angle and not bind.

Not sure which is right, but I've heard both. Never really looked into it though.
There is a hybrid using some various parts cobble together. The discussion was about getting enough droop in the driveshaft and using some high angle driveline to make it work with the longer travel shocks. There are some Toyota shaft parts that can be used but they are not cheap.

I can also have a few companies do some clearancing but that isn't my favorite solution. And yes, there was some commotion in the back ground. I don't know who was killing who but other than a few moments of inattention where I could tell I lost him for a bit, he seemed fairly immune to the sounds of mayhem.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Wasn't there a debate about 1350's actually having more travel a few months back? I've heard that 1310's have more travel than 1350's many times, but I've heard a few times that 1350's actually have more angle due to the additional distance between the joints in the CV itself. This allows the CV to go to a greater angle and not bind.

Not sure which is right, but I've heard both. Never really looked into it though.
That debate is one of the reasons there is an asshole fully on my ignore list. He ran his mouth on JF about how his 1330 shaft had more angle than any other and blah blah blah regardless of how many links were posted showing the actual numbers. He came back after many pages of telling folks about his driveline shop and finally said that they built him custom 1330 shafts that had more droop. It was pages and pages of his bullshit where he refused to admit that a standard 1330 has one of the lower angles out there. Even after the custom part was confirmed it still didn't matter. Fuck off buddy, admit you were wrong and move on, but no, just kept digging in deeper and deeper telling us how wrong we were. Didn't take him long to start the same bullshit here and bam, bye bye.

You lost me??? Never asked what you do and no mention of tire size was stated.
My build philosophy is based on my region. For that, running a TJ out to 104" on 35's is not ideal. That puts you in 37" tire territory. If you want to run bigger than 37's, 104 isn't enough.

We shall see if I regret this. Today I picked up a pair of 12" Fox 2.0 remote reservoirs for a price too good to pass up. These are a match to the rear. Though the valving is unknown.
20200528_154838.jpg

I would like to try to fit these up front.

We shall see if I regret this. Today I picked up a pair of 12" Fox 2.0 remote reservoirs for a price too good to pass up. These are a match to the rear. Though the valving is unknown.
View attachment 165307
I would like to try to fit these up front.
How much were they? Just curious what a good used price is on these