Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

are you gonna construct the new mount as needed or do you have something in mind? if the shock will top out through the fender the mount will too.
making room for something like a hoop is a bitch and kills way more inner fender space, that's why i went with a tower.

I'll be reusing the factory track bar mount. And I'll be using poly performance towers for the shocks.

Reactions: tworley
Just a note, anything past 5.5” down you’re going to begin to unseat the spring. Very important to find the balance unless you want to use some sort of spring retainer.

Very important to pay attention to the lower mount to caliper relationship. As your pads wear the caliper will move closer to the lower mount. Once they make contact it will remove brake pressure at full lock and require you to pump the pedal to rebuild pressure.

Reactions: jjvw
Just a note, anything past 5.5” down you’re going to begin to unseat the spring. Very important to find the balance unless you want to use some sort of spring retainer.

Very important to pay attention to the lower mount to caliper relationship. As your pads wear the caliper will move closer to the lower mount. Once they make contact it will remove brake pressure at full lock and require you to pump the pedal to rebuild pressure.

Both of these are reasons why fitting the shocks will be the last thing that happens.

Reactions: mattcogdell
The big project for the weekend was making this bottle jack saddle.
20201213_143455.jpg

The other thing I took care of while we were installing a Savvy mid arm is another crack in the frame side track bar bracket.

20201212_140550.jpg

Same process as before. Cut through the cracks.
20201212_141052.jpg

Weld the cuts closed.
20201212_151354.jpg

Make a triangle piece to cover the repaired web.
20201212_144304.jpg

20201212_144314.jpg

Weld in the triangle.
20201212_153421.jpg

The real fix for this is hydro assist to take some strain off of the mount. I can't afford that anytime soon. So, after talking to Blaine I will eventually make brace similar to a steering box brace.

128ac15d9eeb90e472d365e09a1146b0.jpg

But mine will a double adjustable link so I can preload the mount against the opposite frame rail. This is going to be added to the list of winter projects. Stay tuned for that.

The other thing I took care of while we were installing a Savvy mid arm is another crack in the frame side track bar bracket.

View attachment 210540
View attachment 210541

Weld the cuts closed.
View attachment 210544

View attachment 210542
View attachment 210543

Weld in the triangle.
View attachment 210545

The real fix for this is hydro assist to take some strain off of the mount. I can't afford that anytime soon. So, after talking to Blaine I will eventually make brace similar to a steering box brace.

View attachment 210553
But mine will a double adjustable link so I can preload the mount against the opposite frame rail. This is going to be added to the list of winter projects. Stay tuned for that.
All that repair work instead of moving it up :)

One of the lift companies use to offer a brace for the trackbar mount. I can't remember which one it was but I do remember seeing it and wondering why it was needed.

And for anyone wondering, @strumble8 's mid arm was installed with an existing outboard that we did a couple years ago. It has no effect on the install process. We knew this, but it is interesting to see first hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband and Wildman
And for anyone wondering, @strumble8 's mid arm was installed with an existing outboard that we did a couple years ago. It has no effect on the install process. We knew this, but it is interesting to see first hand.

Why would it have any effect? What am I not understanding? Or missing?

View attachment 210540
View attachment 210541

Weld the cuts closed.
View attachment 210544

View attachment 210542
View attachment 210543

Weld in the triangle.
View attachment 210545

View attachment 210553
How will hydro assist take the strain off the track bar mount?

Reactions: Wildman
How will hydro assist take the strain off the track bar mount?

The hydraulic piston is a massive steering damper reducing much of the constant road noise from the track bar mount. And it moves a significant portion of the steering's reactive forces from the track bar to the axle. End result is far less fatigue on the TB mount.