Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Late to reply but hopefully you ordered something like this. There's no need for the small fittings, they make the lines just like you need with the correct fittings.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-657310
We run the small fittings so the line is modular. Inverted flare x -3 AN Male at the frame. -3 Female swivel x -3 Female swivel for the line in SS braid, then a -3 x 3/8" banjo adapter at the caliper with at least 3/4" of length to get the hex away from the caliper so you can get a wrench on it.

If you damage something, then replace that part. No need to replace the whole line.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Thanks. Cancelling the order to start over.
SS braided lines are pretty delicate. When you get the length, order two as spares. We were putting Chris's calipers back on. I moved the bracket over on the frame to get the bolt back in by pushing on the line and fitting where it was crimped. Very low effort since it is just the hardline coming down from the master holding it. That small bit of force snapped the braided part right at the end of the crimp.

Reactions: jjvw
This is it again.
Screenshot_20210409-101456_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Why not -3an to banjo at the caliper (on the line, not using adapters)? That's what I did. Lines were all from Fragola.
I suppose if I damage a line, then I can potentially replace it without disrupting the crush washer on the banjo.

Reactions: jesseshoots
They also come with a plastic jacket if you desire.
They do and they pose a problem. Very few don't have the jacket fail and that creates a stress point that beats up the stainless braid. I prefer the jacketed lines but they tend to have more issues. The only good things about SS braid lines is they are available in any length, they are common, they are not terribly expensive. They are crap for durability and resistance to abuse. I'd take the OEM flex hoses in a modular configuration any day of the week over SS braid.

Why not -3an to banjo at the caliper (on the line, not using adapters)? That's what I did. Lines were all from Fragola.
That line is double the price of a -3 AN swivel on both ends and if you damage a line, you have to replace the whole thing. If they are modular, you only replace the damaged section. For us, that has been all 3 pieces individually at some point. One should also carry a spare banjo bolt and crush washers. We damage those pretty often.

That line is double the price of a -3 AN swivel on both ends and if you damage a line, you have to replace the whole thing. If they are modular, you only replace the damaged section. For us, that has been all 3 pieces individually at some point. One should also carry a spare banjo bolt and crush washers. We damage those pretty often.
The price I got on Fragola lines with -3AN one end and 3/8" banjo on the other was roughly the same (mine were longer but a few dollars more) as the Goodridge line is at Summit. That was much cheaper than buying the lines as well as two $10 banjo to -3AN adapters.

The ability to only replace what you need though is the real selling point of this style setup. Why replace a $30 line if you only need to replace a $10 fitting? I certainly see the merit in it now and would possibly change to that way if I was to redo mine.

The YJ hoses were never intended for a TJ. The 4" longer TJ hoses might not have the same issue.
Never intended, but they also weren't a problem for many years until I added the new bit of down travel along with the small front stretch. Really, I should have seen that the YJ hoses were both at their limit on my setup and vulnerable to getting caught on the shock.

ay you were lucky enough to catch it now b4 it ever became a real issue. a mile deep on a Sat afternoon and the PITA is 10 fold.