Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

And hopefully still understated, given what it is and eventually will be.

Yeah I know what you mean. That’s kind of where I’m at. I like where the size and capability of my Jeep is now. I don’t really feel I’ve outgrown a 35” tire but I could do with a little more length for the steeps and ledges. I’m not really interested in going the tons and 40s route at this point in time.

Reactions: Irun and jjvw
Are you stretching the body too, or just moving the footwell backward? Going to be a fun project to watch. I like the creativity. And...its still your daily, right? Going to pick up something to run around in during the week so the TJ can spend some time on jackstands?

Reactions: TRE3TOP
More parts for the stretch and gas tank projects. The stretch will interfere with the emissions equipment in the rear corner. Today I got the emissions from an early TJ where everything is mounted on the inner fender.
View attachment 334983

View attachment 334980
The early emissions is arranged to lay sort of flat under the hood. And it has separate mounting brackets. Where my late TJ stuff in the rear corner is sort of vertical. But parts of it are mounted directly to the body. I can mix and match the early and late into a configuration that works for my new location.

Currently, the plan might be to stick it all here under the bed, opposite where the muffler should be. Keep in mind that the control arms on the frame will eventually be 6" further back.
View attachment 334984

To make that happen, I will need to rearrange, combine, and reconfigure the early and late emissions bits into something not as thick and also more compact.
View attachment 334982

View attachment 334981

there is a write up on pirate about loosing the charcoal can and rigging the rest up to function, too.

Are you stretching the body too, or just moving the footwell backward? ...
Just the footwell. @hosejockey61 is letting me chop out a section from the one he broke to patch into mine.

... And...its still your daily, right? Going to pick up something to run around in during the week so the TJ can spend some time on jackstands?
Still my daily. So I will have to get something else before the big work begins.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRE3TOP and Mike_H
there is a write up on pirate about loosing the charcoal can and rigging the rest up to function, too.

I bypassed the charcoal can on mine years ago. I haven't decided if it will stay that way or if I will go back to the full system. Part of me would like to have the whole thing there. Another part would get rid of all of it.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Miata’s are a fun alternative.
- Zedd

Can I fit my tool box stack in a Miata? It barely fits in the Jeep!
20220513_140215~3.jpg

Reactions: DrDmoney