Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Years ago, I made an attempt to convert to LED signal and marker lights. I was mostly successful after adding diodes, resisters and trying both the EP26 and EP27 flasher relays. I still needed one old fashioned bulb as a turn signal. But I lost the hazards on the process.

I just put in an LM470 flasher and got the hazards back! The lights still don't work without the old turn signal, but this is some progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: psrivats and JMT
The truth is much more mundane and far more dangerous!
I mostly use my hazards to thank some poor soul for pulling onto the shoulder allowing me to pass in my Jeep with right gearing!

Reactions: zebra12
...I haven't had functioning hazard lights for about 3 years. It's been a secret all this time.
I would be lying if I didn't say that I went out to my jeep to verify the hazzards worked since I never tested them after the led swap.

I mostly use my hazards to thank some poor soul for pulling onto the shoulder allowing me to pass in my Jeep with right gearing!

I'll be pulling a trailer through the mountains tomorrow. I expect to be the slow one again on some of the long climbs. Flashers will be good to have!

Moab!

Lucky!

I am hoping to go there in a month or so, just waiting on a proposal we sent a few weeks ago.

Lucky!

I am hoping to go there in a month or so, just waiting on a proposal we sent a few weeks ago.
Same deal. Gotta work through Thursday and come home on Saturday. The trailer is supposed to be a one way.

Reactions: tworley
I was planning on driving there in October/November for a project in Salt Lake with intentions of stopping in Moab on my way back for a day, at the very last minute the project manager in AZ decided it would be safer if I flew:rolleyes:. This (hopefully new) project would be managed by myself and my supervisor here in Denver. We are both ok with me driving out there, cost wise its awfully similar to a plane ticket.