Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

My old leaky power steering hose.
20200120_164501.jpg

I bought this Mopar replacement.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/264360049563

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I’d consider putting a pretty big rub rail on if you are trying to save your fenders (especially your new fancy flexy bendy ones) from the rocks. If I had much less of a rail on Holy Cross, I would've knocked my fenders off when I tried a stupid line around that big rock on the way back down french creek. Seems like you could save some space on the underside with the GenRights and it would make a good combo.

A31AB93F-3246-4BFD-A6F3-A4111E4D5EA1.jpeg

Fenders look good. Depending on where I decide to go with my Jeep in a few years, I might end up with the same.

Reactions: jjvw
Damn dude, almost 100,000 views for this thread coming soon. (y)

Edit: just checked and the only other build thread that has more views is @Chris 's iconic "Project Pissed Off Wife: A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending".

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
Is there something about the MCEs you are not a fan of?

Only that it takes away from the classic TJ look that Josh has tried to hang with for so long. Mostly, I'm just giving him shit, but he knows that, lol!

What's next Josh, chop the frame, 7" stretch and comp cut the rear? Lol! Might as well just skip the 35's and go for the big boy tars!

Only that it takes away from the classic TJ look that Josh has tried to hang with for so long. Mostly, I'm just giving him shit, but he knows that, lol!

What's next Josh, chop the frame, 7" stretch and comp cut the rear? Lol! Might as well just skip the 35's and go for the big boy tars!
Don’t forget slapping a “Long arm” lift on there...oh and bed line the tub.

Last edited:

Don’t forget slapping. “Long arm” lift on there...oh and bed line the tub.

Well, if it goes too far, you guys that know him best will need to stage an intervention of sorts. I've learned a lot from his posts on here and I don't want to see the quality go downhill.

Reactions: JMT
The MCEs are absolutely a compromise from the original plan and intent to keep the Jeep as stock appearing as possible, despite what it is. But if my recent escapades are any indication, it was only a matter of time before the factory fenders get more chewed up then they already were.

There are things I want out of 35s and the suspension. GR highlines are the better path to achieving that, but that isn't what I wanted as far as appearances. This felt like the best set of compromises with some more work.