Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Same, the lightly used OEM khaki diamond top I picked up to replace my beat OEM top is still crazy tight with the OEM frame. Diamond fabric is naturally tight. You may need to let it breath and break in a full season and then see if the frame needs a small 'nudge/bend' to relieve some stress after it settles in.

Otherwise, you may end up ripping/tearing at the stitches over time. You want it taught but no so much that it's destructive.

Reactions: Lax22 and jjvw
Only one since Monday afternoon. No windows yet!

Every time I have put my factory soft top on in the past springs .. unless the temperature is between 75-80 it's a pain. Hopefully yours will stretch in all the right places! I am glad to see no logo on this - it looks just like a factory top.

Reactions: Tob, D M and jjvw
I draped my top over the roll bar and put a 220v space heater in the Jeep. It was around 50 degrees and managed to get my virgin top on with a lot of cussing.
I've done this when I am faced with an, "Uh-oh, tomorrow is gonna be freezing rain" coupled with a "my-top-hasn't-been-up-in-2-months" situation.

Come live next to an inland sea. The joke in Michigan is that if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes. It'll change.

You have some elevation, so I can't say I've seen summer snow... But I have seen thunderstorms while it's snowing
oh yeah, I've seen me some thunder-snow when I worked in Chicago.

Reactions: Mike_H
Do u have any pics of your current York setup? I found your how-to thread but was wondering if anything’s changed or if you have any tips for someone doing an install.
Nice TJ BTW!

I mostly copied @NashvilleTJ's idea of removing the lower leg of the door surround. It looks much better.

I only removed the circlip at the hinge and didn't add the slide pin on the tub end.View attachment 273921

If it's too much of a pain to remove the uppers and reassemble, I'll add the second pin.

Sir, this is a nice jeep

Do you still like your MCE fenders?
Im leaning towards them, light and gives most room while retaining stock inner and cheapish

What wheels are those!?

Do u have any pics of your current York setup? I found your how-to thread but was wondering if anything’s changed or if you have any tips for someone doing an install.
Nice TJ BTW!
Thanks!

Nothing really significant has changed on it since those pics.

Reactions: kiwi