Daily Driver, Go Where I Want To Build

Anything I used came mostly from scrounging JeepForum 8 years ago. Though, there isn't much to it.

One thing I think I can say with that amount of hindsight is that I'm not sure there is any good reason for the cowl intake beyond the need to make room for something that has to go where the stock air box goes.

My stock intake was ditched years ago by the PO. His solution was basically to just throw a filter on the end of a pipe. So I really just want to clean that mess up for my own sanity when I open the hood.

Reactions: jjvw
Really all that is needed is the entire air filter housing (its a two piece design with a center tension clamp), the hidden nozzle/grommet/cone that is located in the windstars fender and a 4" to 3" reducing elbow.

Really all that is needed is the entire air filter housing (its a two piece design with a center tension clamp), the hidden nozzle/grommet/cone that is located in the windstars fender and a 4" to 3" reducing elbow.

Historically, most people forget to grab the big rubber cone from the junk yard Ford.

Reactions: EternalHobbyist
Is there a year range I should be looking for?

IIRC anything from late 90s to 2007ish. Even some F series vans and pickups have the same air filter assembly. Itll look something like this...
IMG_1672.JPG

A good bit of progress happened today. I got one Coyote inner beadlock installed!

Watch the official video for more meaningful detail...

Trim the sharp edge on the inside of the tire bead to prevent damage to the beadlock.
20230311_144235.jpg

Stuff everything inside the tire...
20230311_155709.jpg

And you now have a secret beadlock!
20230311_163018.jpg

Four more to go!

Fairly easy to get to the valve to deflate/inflate when it's mounted?

As easy as the other one with a 90° air chuck. The new valve won't get touched very often. That one inflates the beadlock and will always be inflated. The normal air up/down for the tire is accomplished through the original valve.

A good bit of progress happened today. I got one Coyote inner beadlock installed!

Watch the official video for more meaningful detail...

Trim the sharp edge on the inside of the tire bead to prevent damage to the beadlock.
View attachment 406580

Stuff everything inside the tire...
View attachment 406581

And you now have a secret beadlock!
View attachment 406582

Four more to go!

Man, that looks like a bear. How long did it take to mount one tire with the Coyote?

Fairly easy to get to the valve to deflate/inflate when it's mounted?

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like the tube is a set it and forget it pressure, while deflating and inflating the tire is done via the standard valve stem?

Man, that looks like a bear. How long did it take to mount one tire with the Coyote?

Maybe four hours on the first. But I was being cautious to make sure the the new valve hole was in the right spot and that the inner tube wasn't twisted. I also haven't figured out how to be quick with the tire levers, yet.

If out on the trail, anyone asks what pressure you run,just look at them deadpan and say your psi without explaining. The looks will be priceless

• Haha