Daily Driver Jeep Tires

koagecko

Hey yall!

Its about that time that I replace my current tires (currently running KO2s). I mostly use my jeep as a daily driver too and from work (unfortunately dont go offroading as much as I would like). I was looking at just replacing with some KO2s but am considering some other ones like the BFGoodrich Trail Terrains to get a better ride and gas mileage. Or maybe going with another brand altogether, Goodyear Duratrecs, Falken Wildpeak? Anyone have any experience with any of these.

Cheers!

I've don't have experience with them on a TJ, but I've been a KO2 guy for decades on my DD. I've tried a couple of other tires (Cooper ST, Toyo OC ATII, Yoko Geolander AT), but always came back to the KO2 and preferred them to the rest. However, last fall I needed a new set of tires and decided to try the DuraTrac even though I don't care for the way they look due to a 25% discount on the Goodyears. This winter I've been really surprised; they have done great in all weather conditions and I prefer them in snow, ice, and slush over the KO2. They're a little noisier, but not much. I definitely recommend the DT for an AT now.

My Tacoma came with the BFG Trail Terrains. They look the part but technically are P rated tire. Going to give a nice quiet ride and best chance at MPG. If your off roading is light duty with out sharp pointy rocks They will work nicely. I can tell you from first hand though pointy rocks had me in bind on those tires. I like BFG all terrains- I need that winter grip, I get good tread life out them, quiet and have not let me down with a flat yet. On my wife’s F150 we just pulled 65k miles out of a a set. Friend has had the dura track, they look more aggressive, did well in the winter roads but get noisier then BFG as they wear down.

Just .02 cents on my experience.