Damn! Check out this 1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport with low miles and a rare color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rare engine too! V-6!

Between the paragraphs of All Capitalized Words and "quotations used for emphasis", I think I lost more than a few brain cells skimming through that description.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris
Look at the tailgate hinges and the sticker on the inside of the tailgate. The hinges look like they were pitted from corrosion and the sticker was painted over. The paint under the hood is way too clean. May have been repainted, if so, why? 🤔

Look at the tailgate hinges and the sticker on the inside of the tailgate. The hinges look like they were pitted from corrosion and the sticker was painted over. The paint under the hood is way too clean. May have been repainted, if so, why? 🤔

That pitting on the rear tailgate hinges is normal. It happened to the hinges on my 2003 and wasn't rust at all. Someone mentioned the reason for this in another thread. It may have been @mrblaine, but I could be wrong.

Either way, my hinges had lots of putting on them under the paint and I was sure it was rust, but it wasn't at all.

I don't think it was repainted, but the frame probably needs to be repainted and have a wire wheel taken to it. I don't see anything beyond surface rust yet.

That pitting on the rear tailgate hinges is normal. It happened to the hinges on my 2003 and wasn't rust at all. Someone mentioned the reason for this in another thread. It may have been @mrblaine, but I could be wrong.

Either way, my hinges had lots of putting on them under the paint and I was sure it was rust, but it wasn't at all.

I don't think it was repainted, but the frame probably needs to be repainted and have a wire wheel taken to it. I don't see anything beyond surface rust yet.
Maybe it’s the skeptic in me, I see some other signs of a respray also. Don’t get me wrong, they did a good job, the paint just looks too new.

Maybe it’s the skeptic in me, I see some other signs of a respray also. Don’t get wrong, they did a good job, the paint looks too new.

It's also hard to tell because sometimes these guys detail the hell out of it before a sale which can make even average paint look a lot better when it's all dressed up.

I'd have to see it in person, but it does look reasonably clean, and I am a fan of this 98 only color.

Even if it was resprayed, it looks as if they did a good job as you mentioned.

Reactions: Daryl
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
They’re trying to sell a vehicle on Ebay, post some damn interior photos!

It "says" it's never been repainted. Interior photos are in the item description. Nice Jeep

These Jeeps are still pretty late model — the girls at work were shocked the other day to learn that my red LJ is an '04...I don't know what they thought (and, of course they aren't "Jeep people" so they don't know a TJ from a JL), but the paint is shiny and beads up well and they thought it was new(!). Without spending too much time on the photos I can buy that it's original paint.

I'd have to see it in person, but it does look reasonably clean, and I am a fan of this 98 only color.

Not only 98... the 97 has it too

Well at least mine is

20190331_124835.jpg

You're right, it was a 97-98 color, my bad.

Many people don't like it, but I'm a huge fan actually.
Mine needs resprayed bad..... but that is low on the list. 2 up coming deployments and a kitchen remodel, new floors in the house is taking all my time and all the jeeps money

Mine needs resprayed bad..... but that is low on the list. 2 up coming deployments and a kitchen remodel, new floors in the house is taking all my time and all the jeeps money

I know how that goes. Priorities come first, and the Jeep should never be the top priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.