Damn neighbors

06TJ35's

TJ Addict
So I just bought this VW Eurovan on Tuesday. Parked the van inside on Tuesday(Our only parking spot). Parked the Van on the street right in front of the house on Wednesday afternoon for my mom who gets out of work at 3am can park inside.

The PO of the van did not register it.We bought the van with a bill of sale. Today I was going to register it under my name since I have time off. I go outside today to see the Van being towed. I speak to the officer and he says he got a email from a neighbor saying this Van does not work and the tags are not paid.

So he has to tow it. I explain I just bought the vehicle on Tuesday I’m going to register it TODAY since it’s my day off and it’s pay day. He said there’s nothing he can do he HAS to tow it.

Now I understand A car has to be registered In order to park on the street but if it wasn’t for my dam neighbors who called the police I would have been at the DMV right now Instead of going to the bank to deposit $280 for my Van that has been in the tow yard for less than 2 hours. It wasn’t like I had the Van parked outside for months or even weeks it was barely 3 days. Sorry for the rant I’m just pissed off.

I would be pissed off also! I think I would find other ways to annoy a neighbor like that, things that he can't do anything about just so he gets the message:mad:

Reactions: reddvltj
You could post one of these on your lawn just to tick them off!

SmartSelect_20200117-122756_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Amazon sells them!

Neighbor and the city. I get not wanting junk cluttering the streets, but these types of laws in place for someone to abuse are garbage too. Mark it and if it doesn't move for a while then town it.

Reactions: reddvltj
Now you know at least one of your neighbors. I say let it go and move on with your life.

Reactions: billiebob
I don’t know which neighbors called. I wish I did know. Not for I can talk shit but for I can tell them if the van really bothered you that much you should have talked to me first not called the dam cops. I would have moved it. Now if they would have talked to me and I told them fuck off I would have accepted the car being towed. People now a days are so scared to have a honest conversation. They would rather have the authority take care of it rather than just talking it out.

Oe of the reasons I sold my last house was due to a wackadoo neighbor, his son when growing up spent an immeasurable amount of on our property and he was welcome, but god forbid if my kids went on his lawn to retrieve a ball if it wandered onto his lawn. On day he came over to inform me my boat (12' alum) was on his property (behind his garage were it was out of site) went to look at it with him and it had slid of the trailer in the wind and was full of snow about a foot onto his grass, I told him as soon as the boys were home from work I would move it. Two hours later the cops were at my door.

Oe of the reasons I sold my last house was due to a wackadoo neighbor, his son when growing up spent an immeasurable amount of on our property and he was welcome, but god forbid if my kids went on his lawn to retrieve a ball if it wandered onto his lawn. On day he came over to inform me my boat (12' alum) was on his property (behind his garage were it was out of site) went to look at it with him and it had slid of the trailer in the wind and was full of snow about a foot onto his grass, I told him as soon as the boys were home from work I would move it. Two hours later the cops were at my door.

My family has been wanting to move but it’s really hard here in SoCal. The same amount of money elsewhere we can have a mansion😂 but to move is still our goal by the end of 2020. Your neighbor needs to take a chill pill you said you were going to get it done.
What if your car tire was on your lawn and the cops were called??

My family has been wanting to move but it’s really hard here in SoCal. The same amount of money elsewhere we can have a mansion😂 but to move is still our goal by the end of 2020. Your neighbor needs to take a chill pill you said you were going to get it done.
What if your car tire was on your lawn and the cops were called??

Went down the car tire touching the lawn with him several times over my 20 plus years there. My new neighbors here in OR only offer firewood and assistance If I need it as I am very active outdoors.

Start collecting junk cars and leaving them out front. Like a big dumped out motorhome or something. I thought about doing that this month. When my neighbor started parking his cars in my spot in front of my house. This went on for weeks. Finally there was a spot in front of his truck - in front of his house. So I pulled my Jeep up real close to his truck left it parked in front of his house for a day and a half. He finally got the message and stopped parking his cars in my spot. BTW I would have never parked in his (granted public) spots. Just out of respect.

I hear you about rent costs in LA. NO ONE can afford to live here. I pay well over three grand a month for an 850 sq ft house from 1942 that has never been renovated. Our lease has run out. So we are month to month. So we can move whenever we want. But the landlord is such HUGE pain the ass, super vindictive asshole. That were afraid to even ask for anything to be fixed. Or she will kick us out. Some of the outlets spark and all of them are only 110. The bathroom window is stuck open. There is no grass outside. And ya. We pay over three grand. We're moving in the next year out of state. Can't wait! We'll be buying this time around. So no more landlords.

Some people need something to do, that is BS. I get if this was a lo g term issue,but a couple days is crazy.

Reactions: L J