Damn Sellers

06TJ35's

TJ Addict
So this week I was going to buy a YJ hard top and a TJ Hard top. I text the guy selling the Tj hard top Monday I asked him if he was available Tuesday he said no until Saturday. I said that’s fine what time should I be there. He doesn’t give me a time. He just text back saying he’s been getting a lot of messages. I told him I’ll give him an extra $50 to sell it to me. He said he would take a extra $50 and never replies back again. I gave him a call send him texts Wednesday Thursday and Friday. The guy never replied and it’s Saturday now.

Then I seen a YJ hard top for sale on offer up. I message the guy Wednesday saying I’ll buy the hard top and I can go pick it up today. The guy just looks at the messages and doesn’t reply. I send him another message the next morning if he sold it or not. He doesn’t reply until Thursday night. He says he still has the hard top but some guy was going to buy it Sunday and was going to give him $300 it was $200 first.

He said he would sell it to me for $300 and if I pick it up the same day which was Thursday night. I replied a couple seconds after he sent the text. I agreed on the $300 and told him to send me his address that I would be in my way now. The fuckn guy never sends me his address. He just reads my messages and doesn’t relply. I get up this morning and offer up sends me a message that he has sold it.

What is up with these guys? Kinda pissed me off because we were talking and then they just fall off the face of the earth. I made a deal on both Hard tops they said okay then proceed to sell it to someone else. They do not have proper selling etiquette. Or am I wrong for feeling upset?

• Angry
Reactions: jazngab
So this week I was going to buy a YJ hard top and a TJ Hard top. I text the guy selling the Tj hard top Monday I asked him if he was available Tuesday he said no until Saturday. I said that’s fine what time should I be there. He doesn’t give me a time. He just text back saying he’s been getting a lot of messages. I told him I’ll give him an extra $50 to sell it to me. He said he would take a extra $50 and never replies back again. I gave him a call send him texts Wednesday Thursday and Friday. The guy never replied and it’s Saturday now.
Then I seen a YJ hard top for sale on offer up. I message the guy Wednesday saying I’ll buy the hard top and I can go pick it up today. The guy just looks at the messages and doesn’t reply. I send him another message the next morning if he sold it or not. He doesn’t reply until Thursday night. He says he still has the hard top but some guy was going to buy it Sunday and was going to give him $300 it was $200 first.
He said he would sell it to me for $300 and if I pick it up the same day which was Thursday night. I replied a couple seconds after he sent the text. I agreed on the $300 and told him to send me his address that I would be in my way now. The fuckn guy never sends me his address. He just reads my messages and doesn’t relply. I get up this morning and offer up sends me a message that he has sold it.

What is up with these guys?? Kinda pissed me off because we were talking and then they just fall off the face of the earth. I made a deal on both Hard tops they said okay then proceed to sell it to someone else. They do not have proper selling etiquette. Or am I wrong for feeling upset?
I recently dealt with the same thing but it was a user on here unfortunately. We had been talking on and off for weeks about me buying his hardtop then a couple days before we were to meet (a 4 hr drive for me) he goes ghost. Have never heard from him again. 🤬

I recently dealt with the same thing but it was a user on here unfortunately. We had been talking on and off for weeks about me buying his hardtop then a couple days before we were to meet (a 4 hr drive for me) he goes ghost. Have never heard from him again. 🤬

On here ? How disrespectful

Reactions: 04 LJ
Facebook is just as bad as Craigslist, just in it's own away.

How many times have you got the stupid, "Is this item available" bullshit.

This meme says it all for selling on social media:

Selling on Social Media.jpg

I had this happen with a Jeep. Spent a week talking with this guy with a jeep. Sent pics. He was a good 6 hours away from me. But we made plans for me to travel to him and buy it. Finally after a week he tells me it was a friends and that the guy decided not to sell. I never got to the bottom of it. But I think this guy was trying to make a buck as a middle man. And someone bought from the owner directly. Huge waste of time. And expectations. I really wanted the Jeep.

But hey. That's the car/car parts biz. Sometimes the search is fruitful. Sometimes it's not. I don't think it matters the venue. There are douches on all platforms. ALot of guys are very cutthroat about it too. Maybe they need the money really badly. IDK. But it seems like whoever they can get to come first gets the part. They see it as an easter egg hunt. Rather than a transaction between two adults. So I feel your pain.

Haven't had as much pain selling things though. It may take a while. But when someone does contact me. They generally (8 out of 10) buy the item. Just sold my half doors for $900. And the guy didn't even look at them. Had his girlfriend come pick them up. Site unseen. She didn't even know what she was looking at. Said she was simply running and errand. I was expecting someone to talk me down to $800 or $850. lol.

I'd rather get dicked before the purchase than after. As many of you know. I bought a set of doors. and got ripped off for about $400 and a lengthy drive to downtown Los Angeles Greyhound station. Not fun. Took awhile to sell them too.

Those are really good prices on a top too. I can imagine being upset myself. Here in LA hardtops can go for as much as $1000+. So a few hundred is a steel. All you can do is say I've got the cash what's your address. And drive right over. If you can. Especially if it's price that good. But when they don't respond it's like finding a treasure and not having a shovel. Sucks. Big time.

What is up with these guys? Kinda pissed me off because we were talking and then they just fall off the face of the earth. I made a deal on both Hard tops they said okay then proceed to sell it to someone else. They do not have proper selling etiquette. Or am I wrong for feeling upset?
The freakin worst. Whenever I sell anything myself, I do my best to reply and keep people informed. It’s just common freakin courtesy.

I wont put anything on FB marketplace again. I put a couch up this week, got 7 "Is this still available" and I said yes to every one of them, and no further messages from any of them.

Greg"s public service announcement:
FB Marketplace....you have to click in the box and actually TYPE something in the box that says "Is this still available" BEFORE you hit the send key.
That's all!

Reactions: Chris
Greg"s public service announcement:
FB Marketplace....you have to click in the box and actually TYPE something in the box that says "Is this still available" BEFORE you hit the send key.
That's all!
Thats what I'm getting at, 7 flaky losers that inquired and they said nothing further when I answered them.

I wont put anything on FB marketplace again. I put a couch up this week, got 7 "Is this still available" and I said yes to every one of them, and no further messages from any of them.

Yep, same crap happens to me all the time, which is why I never use it anymore. I stand by my assertion that the majority of people on social media are truly fucking morons.

I've sold/bought a couple small items on FB Marketplace.
Buying or selling, I inquire about the item and usually give a number that they could call or text me at.
Of course they respond by FB Messenger.
So I wait, see if they can follow my text/call instructions. Most do so after about an hour or two. The rest of the transaction often happens without an actual conversation.

Yep, same crap happens to me all the time, which is why I never use it anymore. I stand by my assertion that the majority of people on social media are truly fucking morons.

Reactions: Chris
I use kijiji (similar to CL) and encounter the same thing. As I type this I am waiting to hear back after emailing someone about a 4 runner(for the second time) I am interested in, the next email he gets from me will be nasty, maybe that will make him respond :)

Reactions: 06TJ35's