Dan T's Chilly Pepper Red 2000 Sport

Dan T.

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just wrapped up putting in the new suspension after a 3-year wait. (This is my 2nd TJ)

My first Love was a 1999 that unfortunately my brother totaled back around 2010. It was rebuilt and I tracked it down in CO. Hope I see it on this forum one day.

Back to my current TJ. I bought in just before Christmas in 2016. The previous owner had a budget boost on it and 35's.. See the photo from Day 1 of my ownership.

Since then, I've been slowly refurbishing and adding my own touches. The first one's were for Mrs. T's comfort and which led to more money set aside for upgrades.

The first thing I did was lose the 35's and rims and put in new Pro Comp Steel wheels and GY MTR's. I like 33's so went with that knowing I'd need to deal with the suspension at some point. I put in a Bed Rug Kit and then changed out all the seats to Best Top Trail Max seats. Swapped in LED interior lights and a new stereo system. Had to add the Tuffy Glove box for safe storage and then started saving in between tuition and other life priorities.

I joined this forum last fall and started better educating myself so I could plan my build. I received a ton of advise from many here and made all my purchases based on the expertise from this forum. My bank roll was building too slow so I convinced my wife that I could pick up a local rusty frame Jeep for a decent price and part it out and make enough money to pay for my suspension and a new purse for her... She bit and I did it. I've sold a lot of parts to you all (THANK YOU)... I hope you got the best value from me. I really enjoyed the experience. I bought her that purse, paid for the suspension and just a few tools to do the job myself.

Starting early on Memorial Day weekend, I installed the Zone Combination Suspension Kit (3" Lift, MML, and BL). I put in a new JKS adjustable track bar and the Savvy transfer case shifter cable. It took me a long time doing it alone but by taking all the advice from reading the posts here, I was able to get it all done myself. (Wife held one bolt while I torqued it and my daughter the steering wheel when I had to center) I've assisted on 3 other suspension lift installs but this is the first one I've done solo... It wasn't as hard as I thought.

I really like the end result and will hopefully getting in on some trails in the next week. The Dessert Sand Jeep was the Jeep that started the whole thing for me.

Thanks Chris for starting this forum and keeping this community tight.

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG

DSC00339.JPG

First Jeep.PNG