Dana 30 Aussie Locker and Yukon Spin Free Installation Observations

Soliton

Good Morniing,

It has been a while since I have posted. I became a member while living in Virginia, now I live in Sandy Southern Utah. My driving is pretty tame, no rock crawling, just overland, sometimes in deep fluffy sand.

My TJ has factory Dana 30 and Dana 35. I have known for years I wanted to upgrade. Due to Budget, my driving needs, etc, I decided on the Aussie Locker and Yukon YA WU-07 Kits for my front Dana 30 axle. I have a fair amount of machine shop/Mechanic experience and installation went smooth. The fluffy sand test drive also went very well.

It seems to me that the WRN37780 Hublock Hub

Aussie.jpg

Build Tag.jpg

Cover.jpg

Disassembly.jpg

Locking Hub.jpg

New Diff Cover.jpg

Old-New Covers.jpg

Parts.jpg

Spiders.jpg

Test Drive 1.jpg

Test Drive 2.jpg
is the weak link in the kit, I wanted to buy a spare set, but no one has them and Yukon/Randy's says they are on indefinite backorder. I guess I better not break anything or Ill be buying a whole new kit to get parts :(

I can find no cross reference for the WRN37780 Hublock.

Any Comments or Questions are appreciated, Ill post some pics from the transformation below, Thanks, John

That is a pretty big pair of Waffles you carry. As for the hubs they are stronger than you think and while a spare is a good idea with your current setup go out and enjoy it and just pick up a set when you can.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
That is a pretty big pair of Waffles you carry. As for the hubs they are stronger than you think and while a spare is a good idea with your current setup go out and enjoy it and just pick up a set when you can.

Thanks, my homemade traction boards are from a paronoia of getting stuck in deep sand. Occasionaly sand drifts high enough here that roads need to shut down. Sand can drift anywhere and catch you off guard.

Souther Utah? Just air down and keep Matt's or Paul's phone numbers in your contacts.

I see Matt's vehicles all the time, I dont have bead lock, so I wonder how low I can go with my 33's before they pop off the rim.

I use a 40 cu/ft pony bottle scuba tank for any air fills on the trail.

I hear Matt isnt cheap.

Last edited:
When I came home from 4 Wheeling Sand Mountain yesterday. Driver Hub was luke warm, Passenger hub was cool. Rotors felt about the same temp. I was careful to seat bearings and use proper torque.

Ill get out my laser thermometer today and check actual temps without locking them in during city driving.

Last edited:
I see Matt's vehicles all the time, I dont have bead lock, so I wonder how low I can go with my 33's before they pop off the rim.

I use a 40 cu/ft pony bottle scuba tank for any air fills on the trail.

I hear Matt isnt cheap.

I run 35s at 10 in the rocks, you should be able to go even lower.

The good thing with Matt is he'll work with you on getting it covered by your insurance. 😉😳🤣

• Haha
Reactions: UKTJ
Thanks for pressure info :)

Yeah, Matt and his insurance scam. Shortly afterwards, he did lots of charity stuff around here, related?

Curious how much is incommon with 80-90s ranger, bronco and bronco2 parts and that kit. They used a ttb dana 30 iirc. Might be something to look at if you get a chance. I know people swap allsorts of parts between dana 44 axles maybe something maybe not

Curious how much is incommon with 80-90s ranger, bronco and bronco2 parts and that kit. They used a ttb dana 30 iirc. Might be something to look at if you get a chance. I know people swap allsorts of parts between dana 44 axles maybe something maybe not

Fantastic Question, I did quite a bit of investigation hoping for a hub equivalent from Mile Marker or some others. I found lots of hubs that look similar, but arent. Mid 90's Ranger Dana 30 locking stuff sure looks very similar.

Yukon says there is no equivalet hub for my kit. I would love someone to prove them wrong.

1980s used a Dana 28, 23 spline
Starting 1990 the V6 models got a 35, 27 spline. Hubs from that might be a good candidate to try on for size. it makes a lot more sense that the original developer of the conversion to use a hub they were already making than to make a new one with the same spline count and bolt pattern, but they don't always consult me. 🤣

The early Bronco ran a 27 spline Dana 30 on a solid axle but had a 5x5.5 pattern.

Fantastic Question, I did quite a bit of investigation hoping for a hub equivalent from Mile Marker or some others. I found lots of hubs that look similar, but arent. Mid 90's Ranger Dana 30 locking stuff sure looks very similar.

Yukon says there is no equivalet hub for my kit. I would love someone to prove them wrong.

The locking hub is about the only thing but with a caveat, the 37780 hub Warn used with the hub conversion is stronger than the 29071 that was standard for the Ranger/Explorer.

Reactions: Lubbockguy1979
The locking hub is about the only thing but with a caveat, the 37780 hub Warn used with the hub conversion is stronger than the 29071 that was standard for the Ranger/Explorer.

Did some come with manual hubs from factory? All of mine (2 Bronco 2s, a Ranger, and an Exploder) all had automatic hubs. I swapped some Warn manual hubs onto one of them but it's been so long I can't remember whether that was a factory option or an aftermarket upgrade.

Did some come with manual hubs from factory? All of mine (2 Bronco 2s, a Ranger, and an Exploder) all had automatic hubs. I swapped some Warn manual hubs onto one of them but it's been so long I can't remember whether that was a factory option or an aftermarket upgrade.

Yes they were Warns with a Ford sticker on the dial.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low

This is about the same as the locker pump BS. The other model that has the locker pumps tell everyone to rob them from a TJ Rubicon. The TJ Rubicon folks rob them from the other platform. Most call that the Ranger style hub. If you dig around you can find them telling everyone to use the Warn 27 spline versions since they are stronger.

All I know for certain is the hub is stronger than you think and you really do NOT want it any stronger, trust me on that one. The breaks move away from the hub to the high dollar shit like the bearing hub and spindle and that sucks.