WTB: Dana 30 with 3.37 gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ_S

Anybody in Florida have a Dana 30 with 3.73 gears they want out of their shop? I purchased a used 2000 Sahara. While changing all of the fluids I found front axle gears do not match rear axle gears. Yes, I checked the ring gear stamp and not just the diff tag. Back had 3.73 and front has 3.55. For obvios reasons I need these to match. Don't have the tools or experience to change the gears, carrier, bearings, shim for lash and all the rest of the thing I need so was looking to switch out the axle. Also don't trust other people working on my vehicles. 😁 Yes the carrier would need to be changed. 3.55 is the max this carrier will hold.

Maybe check a junkyard Cherokee? Local yards here have XJs, ZJs, and WJs galore. Pretty sure the XJ is a direct bolt in.

Reactions: Russ_S
Maybe check a junkyard Cherokee? Local yards here have XJs, ZJs, and WJs galore. Pretty sure the XJ is a direct bolt in.
It is extremely rare to see an XJ with 3.73 gears. almost all will have 3.55 gears. Since his dana 30 came with 3.55, it's highly likely it came out of an XJ.

Anybody in Florida have a Dana 30 with 3.73 gears they want out of their shop? I purchased a used 2000 Sahara. While changing all of the fluids I found front axle gears do not match rear axle gears. Yes, I checked the ring gear stamp and not just the diff tag. Back had 3.73 and front has 3.55. For obvios reasons I need these to match. Don't have the tools or experience to change the gears, carrier, bearings, shim for lash and all the rest of the thing I need so was looking to switch out the axle. Also don't trust other people working on my vehicles. 😁 Yes the carrier would need to be changed. 3.55 is the max this carrier will hold.
Check to see if you have a HP dana 30. If so, you might be able to find someone looking for one that would swap with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.