WTB: Dana 35 with 3.73s (preferably) Will go for a the Dana 30 too if you've got a mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugoutJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I would like to buy a Dana 35 with 3.73s and would be willing to get the Dana 30 if you have a mate. I'm in KY 42701. I don't mind driving some, but my trailer is pretty much illegal in any other state besides KY (no tags, no working brake lights). I can get it in the back of my truck, but it's harder to load with the topper on it.

I'm not against freight, but I'm very ignorant of arranging freight for cheap, but I can have it sent to my shop where we can unload with fork trucks, cranes, etc.

I'm essentially doing a Super 35 kit, but I'd rather not setup the gears and I would like to do the install at my leisure this winter on a bench and then swap in the axles once they're ready. I've already got the locker for the Dana 35, so I'm kinda dedicated to the Dana 35 and not the Dana 44 at this point.

I have a Dana 30 & Dana 44 in Atlanta that can be available if your circumstances change. The axles have high mileage on them. Geared to 3.73 and off of a 1998 zip code 30080.

Good Luck with your search. I hope you find what you're looking for closer by.

Reactions: BugoutJeep
I already have the Dana 35 locker and the Revolution shafts, but I will keep that in mind though. I have planned on keeping the Dana 35, because my absolute max tire size for this rig, I've considered has been 35s, but so far I haven't had any issues with 33s and I like the narrow 10-1/2" tires. Also from what I've read, the Dana 35 gives just a little more clearance that the Dana 44.

Thanks

Reactions: Dan T.
Good point. I'll make my wife look, I think I have an account, but no idea how to use it. Funny thing is that when I did my R2.8 swap, I couldn't get almost any install photos without having Instagram, which I think I had to have a Facebook account for that app. I have found one on Ebay, but checking around on here, the price looked high. It's $630 shipped, which isn't terrible compared to $800 quoted to me by my junkyard.

Proof to back up my claims so I don’t sound crazy with these prices haha

This one in Ohio is free:
ADFD0679-2BD1-49F9-B95E-12B551F1AA13.jpeg

These two are complete as well:
2E176048-1239-487E-B58B-92728674206A.jpeg

I completely believe you, after reading posts on here, I just tend to only check junkyards, craigslist and ebay (just as a it can't be worse than this price).

I was originally going to go for 3.55s with my build...My wife's family lives in WV and it's holiday season...I think I'll hold out a bit longer for 3.73s. I still have an axle in my rig I can regear, but don't want it down for more than a weekend until summer.

Absolutely, I understand that. Just didn’t want you to think that $600 was the going rate for these. I check Facebook Marketplace 99% of the time now because Craigslist charges you to post ads now so it seems that people don’t use it as much.

Yeah I keep hearing to get on there, but I'm afraid if I did, I'd be buying more stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: ranger101
I would like to buy a Dana 35 with 3.73s and would be willing to get the Dana 30 if you have a mate. I'm in KY 42701. I don't mind driving some, but my trailer is pretty much illegal in any other state besides KY (no tags, no working brake lights). I can get it in the back of my truck, but it's harder to load with the topper on it.

I'm not against freight, but I'm very ignorant of arranging freight for cheap, but I can have it sent to my shop where we can unload with fork trucks, cranes, etc.

I'm essentially doing a Super 35 kit, but I'd rather not setup the gears and I would like to do the install at my leisure this winter on a bench and then swap in the axles once they're ready. I've already got the locker for the Dana 35, so I'm kinda dedicated to the Dana 35 and not the Dana 44 at this point.
I have both but they have 3:07 gears. You can have them but you pay shipping. They are on pallets already so just need some shipping arranged. I’m in Idaho.

Thanks for the offer. I really do appreciate it.

I am very interested in these, but I am going to try and hold out for a set with 3.73s for now. Of course there is a part of me that does want to take a stab at setting up these gears, but I've gotten so many hundreds of thousands of miles on original gear teeth, that it seems like I may as well just wait since the ratio is a common OEM ratio.

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
i'm in cleve, ohio.
and i have a Dana 30 w/ 3.73 gears, sittin in the driveway.

i also have a set of RGA American made axle shafts, NIB. i've been seeking 750 for the shafts.
if you might be interested in purchasing the shafts, i might be interested in giving up the axle for nothin. it never leaked and it's not been beat on. but it has been sitting outside for a few months now. and i did have to repair the pass side UCA mount, but it's good. it got 4 new ball joints about 2k miles ago. even have a Currectlync steering sys i might consider parting with, for the right offer (less than 2k mi. on it).

i don't really have a way to ship somthin like this. but if it's worth the ride to you, gimme a shout.

If you don't find something closer reach out to me too. I'm finishing up a Ford 8.8 swap on the rear end so my Dana 35 is just hanging around. About 134k on the Jeep when I pulled the rear and 3.73 gears. (I did a V8 swap and didn't want to deal with the inevitable broken rear 35 with the extra power so I swapped the 8.8 at the same time). Only "potential issue" with the axle is my E-brake didn't work, but when taking things apart I'm pretty sure it was because the cable to the hand lever had stretched too much. I can send pictures and everything upon request and we could work out shipping too.

Status
Not open for further replies.