Dana 44 axle shafts

Lonewolf

TJ Enthusiast
Ive been building a Dana 44 to swap out my super 35 setup and was Getting ready to install the axle shafts and found that one of the shafts had twisted the splines
A3AF2FC7-CD2E-43C8-A9C4-700059CF6725.jpeg

so I was going to buy some new shafts from Revolution but I’m not sure which to get, im pretty sure it’s not a stock TJ 44 because when I cut the brackets that the previous owner had on there I found some cut off leaf spring perches so I’m thinking it’s might be a XJ rear end but I’m not sure. Revolution has both options but they give no specications on axle shaft length or differences. Does anyone know the differences between the XJ and TJ rear axle and what shafts I need to order?

The TJ Dana 44 shafts are two slightly different lengths. Where are you measuring from so I can measure my extra shafts for comparison? Spline count should be 30

Reactions: Lonewolf
The TJ Dana 44 shafts are two slightly different lengths. Where are you measuring from so I can measure my extra shafts for comparison? Spline count should be 30
I measured from the back of hubface of the axle and it looks like the measurements are 29 1/4 and 28 3/4

I measured from the back of hubface of the axle and it looks like the measurements are 29 1/4 and 28 3/4
Yep, those are the right measurements for a TJ. To be sure, when you call to order, ask the difference in XJ and TJ

Reactions: Lonewolf
Yep, those are the right measurements for a TJ. To be sure, when you call to order, ask the difference in XJ and TJ
thanks for checking for me, I called revolution and they said the only difference was the backing plate and to order by whatever brakes im using on the axle, either TJ or XJ

Reactions: JMT
thanks for checking for me, I called revolution and they said the only difference was the backing plate and to order by whatever brakes im using on the axle, either TJ or XJ
Interesting. Good to know since I also have a 91 XJ, but no Dana 44 on it, yet! LOL