Dan's Rubi

Dan_man

Supporting Member
I’m new to tj’s But not to jeeps and wheeling I had an 88 xj that I sold to buy my new house

But now I’m on to this

I just picked it up yesterday it’s a 2003 Tj rubicon with a cheap 3 inch lift and 33s that will soon change with some new control arms and track bars and steering

Ahhh, came from an XJ huh? Same here! I owned 4 XJs before graduating to a TJ.

Great vehicles by all means, but nowhere near as fun as a Wrangler!

Reactions: Dan_man
Luckily my wife was a little boozed up and she let me get a bunch of new stuff
I got a full rubicon express super flex short arm kit(just all 4 arms)
Front and rear rubicon express track bars
And ss brake lines

Reactions: MallCrawlOnTons
And ss brake lines

Haha, I should try that with my wife 🤣

Reactions: Vasq
I did end up buying 3.5 inch RE coils and new shocks today too. After looking at it all day I wanted to go up a little higher so when I’m ready I can fit the 35s and hopefully sell my nearly brand new 33‘s for a good amount.

And ss brake lines
In Alabama, we call that “ loading the dishwasher “

Jeep looks really good , I bet this is going to go well.

I’m new to tj’s But not to jeeps and wheeling I had an 88 xj that I sold to buy my new house
View attachment 92180
But now I’m on to this View attachment 92182
I just picked it up yesterday it’s a 2003 Tj rubicon with a cheap 3 inch lift and 33s that will soon change with some new control arms and track bars and steering
The first pic looks perfect. I wouldn’t have changed a thing haha.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Looking good. Pretty much identical to my first build. Just add a beefier draglink/tie rod (like the currie) and you'll be good to go with 35s. Does it have the stock gearing in the axles? Auto or manual?

Looking good. Pretty much identical to my first build. Just add a beefier draglink/tie rod (like the currie) and you'll be good to go with 35s. Does it have the stock gearing in the axles? Auto or manual?
Yea I plain on doing the ruff stuff 1 ton steering kit. It’s a manual with the stock 4.10s for now. Down the line I will probably go to 4.88s or maybe 5.13s

Reactions: Alex01
After 32 of years of marriage I would like to give some advice to you men who think by getting your wife drunk and asking if you can buy another Jeep, or more parts, or take pictures of her or whatever you want to do, let me tell you ..... it works wonders.
My best advice is don't run out and buy a 24 pack of Heineken.... A 6 pack of Bud Light does the trick. Save the $40 and buy more Jeep parts.

The first pic looks perfect. I wouldn’t have changed a thing haha.
If I remember correctly , Starrs sold his to move forward with the beautiful woman in the Avatar.

We totally understand now.

He will be granted a lifelong forum alumni membership with all rights and privileges.

Reactions: Starrs
Sounds awesome. You should consider running the rubicon with us in September. Check out the regional forum section under rubicon trail and also nor cal adventures.

Super bummed I was going to surprise my six-year-old with a trip to our local ohv 4 x 4 park and it’s closed and may not ever open back up because of some stupid tree hugger law suit

• Sad
Reactions: TJ Starting
So after a long day I got my front end done and the rear is half done. I’m pretty happy with the rubicon express superflex arms after I installed them I got almost 3 more inches of droop. I also gained 1 1/8 inch in lift hight. I did some how ended up with my front axle about 3/8 of a inch to the passenger side. So Monday I will fix that complete the rear and bleed the brakes. Then drive it down to my buddy at the alignment shop.

B9B6FBD7-6DEA-40E8-B2DE-5EF1B9713D3A.jpeg

AEF47AF9-AE85-47FD-B33E-BBFC354704DE.jpeg

B2C8E8A1-BDDC-4526-A375-DC7E72D40F87.jpeg

22FE9E4A-B0B5-4E67-8666-7E1500221B9E.jpeg

Super bummed I was going to surprise my six-year-old with a trip to our local ohv 4 x 4 park and it’s closed and may not ever open back up because of some stupid tree hugger law suit

Frank Raines OHV? If so, that really sucks cause there ain't much to do in your area unless you head east.

Frank Raines OHV? If so, that really sucks cause there ain't much to do in your area unless you head east.
No I was talking about Carnegie Svra. I’ve never been to Frank Raines or heard too much about it but I have been thinking about going to Prairie city and I’m trying to plain a trip to slick rock in late August.

No I was talking about Carnegie Svra. I’ve never been to Frank Raines or heard too much about it but I have been thinking about going to Prairie city and I’m trying to plain a trip to slick rock in late August.

Sucks to hear any OHV closing because of politics. Slick Rock is an awesome trail, and it's nice to have Lake Alpine right there for camping/fishing. I hear the new bypass is quite sporty!