Darkside04's 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Darkside04

Got this for my son a few months ago but he doesn't turn 16 until March. Too clean of a jeep to pass up so we bought it early.
getting ready to turn 74,000 miles and we are the 3rd owner. The previous owner only did 12000 miles in the 10 years she owned it and the lack of rust shows.
Bought my neighbors 2019 Rubicon wheels off them because the tires on it were from 2008. Had to run Rough County's 5x4.5 to 5x5 1-1/2" adapters. He gets some wheel scrub at full lock so we have to watch it pulling into parking spaces.
IMG_2920.jpg
IMG_2852.JPG
IMG_3072.JPG
IMG_3073.jpg

That looks really nice with those wheels! Between now and March you should have your son (under your supervision) do all the maintenance such as diff fluid changes, brake fluid flush, coolant, oil/filter... and any small fixes. Might as well get him on this forum to learn while at it.

Most important think to teach him... just say NO... to angry bird grills.

I've tried to get him out there to help and I was only able to get him to do the oil change. Kids with phones these days are just a different breed.
I did take him to his first jeep gathering in our home town of Oswego, IL because the owner of Wildside Customs here. He got to drive through part of the obstacle course before he decided to be done. Cool event and met some really cool jeep people.
Seems to be a great community.

Reactions: JMT
I know what you mean. I have 3 boys ranging from 20 to 13 and none of them like to turn wrenches! But they sure like those damn phones... & video games...
That’s because those devices and games are addictive. It’s no different than leaving an open bar in front of them. Best to pull the damn phones and games or extremely limit usage till they learn to turn wrenches and prefer staying busy in their real life context with family. This digital reality is erasing real accomplishments, driving depression and destroying marriages and families. Wake up America!

I played and collected video games for years still do. I can tell you I was not like these kids are today. There lazy and uninterested in doing anything. I'm 32 as we speak and I can say the new breed are worse

Keep that jeep out of the winter. Get him a winter beater for the salt seasons. Otherwise it wont be nice and clean anymore.

That’s because those devices and games are addictive. It’s no different than leaving an open bar in front of them. Best to pull the damn phones and games or extremely limit usage till they learn to turn wrenches and prefer staying busy in their real life context with family. This digital reality is erasing real accomplishments, driving depression and destroying marriages and families. Wake up America!
I agree! My son will be 22 soon. He could not be separated from his phone, instagram, u tube, etc. He recently lost his phone and after a week still didn’t get a new one. As mad as I was because I couldn’t reach him, I then realized I bet this is his way of detoxing. He is now snowboarding, fishing, building things with Dave in the garage again. It is a complete addiction!

Reactions: JMT
By the way, that is one clean ,sweet looking TJ! Especially for this part of the U.S.

It’s a beautiful TJ! Quite remarkable and I’ve seen hundreds. Great find. A 16yr old has the ride of his life! Top off, doors off, there’s nothing like it

I like the JL wheels too. I saw an LJ with them a few months back and thought they looked sharp then.

Last edited: