Dash Cam Recommendations

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
I'm done with these fucking fools down here. I'm getting dashcams for all 3 cars. Any recs or things to look for - there's 45 million of them out there. No smartphone nonsense need apply.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
Funny you brought this up, I watched a video about a guy reviewing like 8 of them. Conclusion is they all use pretty much the same components, just some software upgrades. I’ll see if I can post the link.

• Love
Reactions: Chris and Zorba
That video is da bomb! Gonna do a bit more research, but I'm leaning towards the ThinkWare F70 at the moment. Looks like it'll do what I need, and doesn't add another screen to the car, etc, etc.

Reactions: Chris and Daryl
That video is da bomb! Gonna do a bit more research, but I'm leaning towards the ThinkWare F70 at the moment. Looks like it'll do what I need, and doesn't add another screen to the car, etc, etc.

Same one I decided would be the best value.

Yea - just bought one on eBay from ThinkWare for $69. I'll play with it, blah, blah, and if I like it, I'll buy two more.

Looks very similar to my Blackvue cams. I had to use a cellphone to use them.

I just want to know what happened 😆

The same fucking thing that has happened to both my wife and myself THREE TIMES NOW since we moved down here 5 years ago. Some speeding - and I mean SPEEDING - fucktard with a non-existent dick decides s/he doesn't like slower traffic, so passes, veers in front, and slams on the brakes forcing an almost stop in the middle of the fucking freeway. Despite there being a fucking clear lane to the left. Idiot had to have been going at least 80 in a 70 - I was going 70 as was the traffic around me. The first two times this happened it was a bro-dozer, this time it was a late model Charger. Next time the cops are going to get the video, complete with license plate number. They may not do anything about it, but it'll make me feel better.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Apparition
The same fucking thing that has happened to both my wife and myself THREE TIMES NOW since we moved down here. Some speeding - and I mean SPEEDING - fucktard with a non-existent dick decides s/he doesn't like slower traffic, so passes, veers in front, and slams on the brakes forcing an almost stop in the middle of the fucking freeway. Despite there being a fucking clear lane to the left. Idiot had to have been going at least 80 in a 70 - I was going 70 as was the traffic around me. The first two times this happened it was a bro-dozer, this time it was a late model charger. Next time the cops are going to get the video, complete with license plate number. They may not do anything about it, but it'll make me feel better.

Yeah, I keep telling my wife we need to get dash cams. Lately I’ve been experiencing some pretty wild driving out here. At least with the cam I can prove it was the other person’s fault.

Yeah, I keep telling my wife we need to get dash cams. Lately I’ve been experiencing some pretty wild driving out here. At least with the cam I can prove it was the other person’s fault.
Yea, pretty much. I had to back waaaaay down with this fool, 'cause I can NOT be seen as an aggressor or as 'escalating' the situation if it ends up going completely south.

Yea, pretty much. I had to back waaaaay down with this fool, 'cause I can NOT be seen as an aggressor or as 'escalating' the situation if it ends up going completely south.

I hear you. It’s also handy to have for potential road rage incidents or crooked cops. There’s real no reason not to have one these days.

I hear you. It’s also handy to have for potential road rage incidents or crooked cops. There’s real no reason not to have one these days.
For $70, if it does what its supposed to do, it'll be well worth it. This is technology I can get behind; doesn't cost much, doesn't drain my wallet, hopefully doesn't have a braindead "manual of arms", doesn't add yet another screen to my life, isn't "connected", and doesn't need a fucking smartphone "App" to run. As its not built into the vehicle, if it screws up, I can toss it and buy another one instead of paying beaucoup bucks to have it fixed (if even possible).

In completely other news, I got invited to our local "Witches Ball" tonite - complete with costume contest! They better up their game... ;)

Just saw the ad for F70 on amazon. When you mount it, be sure you don't block your auto high beam switch sensor. On the GC it is right behind the mirror. I know this from experience of pissing off about 60 truckers on the long drive from KC to SoTX one night.
If you get it, let us know how it works, pls.

Just saw the ad for F70 on amazon. When you mount it, be sure you don't block your auto high beam switch sensor. On the GC it is right behind the mirror. I know this from experience of pissing off about 60 truckers on the long drive from KC to SoTX one night.
If you get it, let us know how it works, pls.
What the frack is a "GC", and there sure as Hell isn't any "auto high beam switch sensor" on any vehicle I own. And won't be.

Its on its way, I'm going to install the first one in the Jeep to figure it out. If I like it, I'll buy two more...

What the frack is a "GC", and there sure as Hell isn't any "auto high beam switch sensor" on any vehicle I own. And won't be.

Its on its way, I'm going to install the first one in the Jeep to figure it out. If I like it, I'll buy two more...

Grand Cherokee - wife's ride. Not an option. You can turn it off, but like many conveniences you get used to it. We only use it for highway visiting reltives in nm. Mo, ks, fl, tn, ga, & ny. 2012 with 90k miles.