Dash Mount CB to Ham Radio Adapter for Jeep TJ

tjjohnson8554

I really liked the location and look of the CB radio dash mount but the mounts don't allow enough room to be used with a HAM radio (even the smaller radios). If you're looking to mount a radio on the dash and have run into the same problem check out this adapter kit. It's a new item to amazon so you have to click "See all buying options". It worked well with an ICOM IC-2300H.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NQWSM59/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I mounted a radio in the center.

2EDEF057-1C71-444A-9578-0B718F8DB7FA.jpeg

Reactions: Zorba
I mounted my HAM radio on top of my CB radio (the CB's been there for years). I had another same CB radio mount in my junk bin, so I put this other mount on top of the one in use, and then mounted the HAM radio's mount to that inverted CB mount. Pictures show it better. Works fine.
Ham radio.2.jpg

Ham radio.3.jpg

I made a simple bracket to mount to the roof to hold the mic. Bolt was already there for the roof rack.

ham radio.5.jpg

And this is the HAM radio I got. It is a 25W dual band radio, that also transmits and received GMRS (I have a license for both). It does what I want it to do.

Ham radio.6.PNG

Reactions: Matt1964 and Zorba
What did you use for the bar across the top?

No bar. I just mounted the radio bracket to the tray with a quarter inch rubber pad under it. I was a little worried this would not be strong enough but after about four years of rough roads it is still secure.