Dave Kishpaugh's (Jeep West) geometry correction brackets are now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
There are many of you on the forum that have expressed interest in @David Kishpaugh's geometry correction brackets in previous threads where this idea has been discussed. Dave has been working on making and selling them as a kit for a while now.

I was talking to him this morning about something else, and after that as we were chatting, he sent me photos of the pre-made brackets for TJs that he's going to be selling. About 10 sets are available now!

[email protected]

See Dave's post on page 2 here to understand what these are for and what they do.

Talk to Dave if you are interested in these, he can tell you much more than I can. I have been so very happy with all the work that he put in my Jeep. I honestly think a lot of people who are not doing ultra crazy builds can really benefit from these. Dave has been doing suspension work for 20+ years and he knows TJs in and out.

@David Kishpaugh come and say more technically about these here! Hopefully you can find the time to make links and sell them as a full kit in the future.

IMG_20201120_121704.jpg

IMG_20201120_121700.jpg

IMG_20201120_133521.jpg

@Mike_H here you go 🙂

Last edited:
For those inquiring minds... If I'm not mistaken, these are the geometry correction brackets that Dave has been using to correct control arm angles.

Does he have them for both front and rear? Axle and frame mounts? What all does he change in his typical builds? The only one I can clearly identify is the rear axle mount. I typically prefer bolt on stuff because I can't weld and I'm always scared to make permanent changes to my Jeep, but these have me intrigued. I have followed many if not all of those geometry threads and would love to do this.

@David Kishpaugh Can you please elaborate on what you are providing. Thank you.

I have no clue what I’m looking at. Are these for restoring stock caster/pinion/axle position using OEM control arms? You mentioned these are for mildly built rigs, which would be nice because I’d rather not drop $1200+ on arms for my 2” lifted Jeep.

Reactions: Tob
My understanding of these brackets is that they attempt to fix the geometry problems that come along with a lifted short arm (for example hopping on steep obstacles). You still need adjustable arms, but they essentially make a better short arm lift.

I have no experience with them and I have no opinions on them, this is just my understanding of what they’re supposed to do. Dave will know much better when he sees the thread.

My understanding of these brackets is that they attempt to fix the geometry problems that come along with a lifted short arm (for example hopping on steep obstacles). You still need adjustable arms, but they essentially make a better short arm lift.

I have no experience with them and I have no opinions on them, this is just my understanding of what they’re supposed to do. Dave will know much better when he sees the thread.

Correct.

I've requested Dave to come answer . He's very busy and he'll stop by when he has time later tonight.

This older post from Dave has some answers in the meanwhile (the thread has some good discussion in general).

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...eometry-correction-template.20757/post-632115

Correct.

I've requested Dave to come answer . He's very busy and he'll stop by when he has time later tonight.

This older post from Dave has some answers in the meanwhile (the thread has some good discussion in general).

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...eometry-correction-template.20757/post-632115

Thanks for sharing this great news and retrieving that thread as I tried to find it. I hope this works out for him and this will be great for the people who want a great handling rig as long as they are ready & prepared to do the work.

I am not sure what the results would be with this type of lift running a 35, vs the traditional route of say 4 inch currie with a 1 inch body lift. And 35. The difference would be very interesting to witness them on the trails back to back, Can't say I had the pleasure to have witnessed such a thing but its interesting to me, I ultimately want to run a 35 one way or another so I supoose this is fairly relavent to my interests. Thanks for sharing.

I am not sure what the results would be with this type of lift running a 35, vs the traditional route of say 4 inch currie with a 1 inch body lift. And 35. The difference would be very interesting to witness them on the trails back to back, Can't say I had the pleasure to have witnessed such a thing but its interesting to me, I ultimately want to run a 35 one way or another so I supoose this is fairly relavent to my interests. Thanks for sharing.

The difference between this and a 4 inch currie lift + BL would basically be the brackets themselves, as far as I'm aware. This is an addition to a functioning lift.

Reactions: Wildman
It’s geometry correction for the “traditional” setup. Lift height/springs and tires don’t change. Just fixes the angles.

Last edited:
If this restores a lifted short arm system back to factory geometry (i.e. 100%ish anti-squat), then I am extremely interested. A couple of questions:
1. Does this raise the axle lower control arm mounts?
2. Does it lower the frame lower control arm mounts (thus decreasing ground clearance)?
3. Are the axle upper control arm mounts higher? If so, is the added leverage to them a concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.