Dave Kishpaugh's (Jeep West) geometry correction brackets are now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Blackjack you helped me with the axle UCA mount measurement about a year and a half ago. I have been running my version for a little over a year with both LCA mounts relocated, trackbar raised and axle UCA mounts raised.

Reactions: Blackjack
@Blackjack you helped me with the axle UCA mount measurement about a year and a half ago. I have been running my version for a little over a year with both LCA mounts relocated, trackbar raised and axle UCA mounts raised.

How has it worked for you?

There no loss. The arm doesn't hang below the factory frame mount and its raised on the axle end. Still more clearance than a long or even a mid arm at that point besides a bracket below the frame to run into.
Ok, speaking of the j arm.... on that, it also didn't hang below the stock axle mount, I can hardly see an issue from it. Damn, look under a jk! Lol the shock mounts can almost touch the ground, lol
The kit comes with lower frame mounts and upper axle mounts?
only the JK geometry correction kit come with lower frame mounts and upper axle mounts. the Tj's only need upper axle brackets.

Ok, speaking of the j arm.... on that, it also didn't hang below the stock axle mount, I can hardly see an issue from it. Damn, look under a jk! Lol the shock mounts can almost touch the ground, lol

only the JK geometry correction kit come with lower frame mounts and upper axle mounts. the Tj's only need upper axle brackets.
Thanks for the great solution!

Reactions: Wildman
Ok so that is indeed a TJ. The lowers are redrilled:

1 inch down on the frame side
1 5/8 up on th axle side

The axle side uppers are relocated up. Now David will have to tell you how much his brackets move the upper but on the Nth Degree brackets I run it is either 2.5 or 3.5 inches.

So if you look at it this way what is being done is taking the control arms at four inches of lift and returning them to operating angles about where they would be with a budget boost. This moves the instant center forward, reduces roll steer, and by flattening the links some you can in most instances move the axle back in the wheel well a touch.
exactly.

running at 3.5" above the stock bolt center with short arms creates a bind under articulation that will rip off the passenger upper frame mount, only under articulation... if you wanted to run it that high, mid arms are required. The other issue is the need for nearly 4" of bumpstop extension if you don't have a body lift. My brackets only require a 2" bumpstop extension so they accommodate the 2" lifts that have 14" or less collapsed shock lengths with 2" bumpstop extension.

How has it worked for you?

The biggest thing I notice is that the new geometry all but eliminated wheel hop. Some trails that I struggled on I now just drive through. I don't know for sure if it is due to the geometry being better or just evolution of the trails. It seems like trails around me get harder and not easier. The dirt erodes and the rocks are more exposed.

exactly.

running at 3.5" above the stock bolt center with short arms creates a bind under articulation that will rip off the passenger upper frame mount, only under articulation... if you wanted to run it that high, mid arms are required. The other issue is the need for nearly 4" of bumpstop extension if you don't have a body lift. My brackets only require a 2" bumpstop extension so they accommodate the 2" lifts that have 14" or less collapsed shock lengths with 2" bumpstop extension.

Interesting. I have been running at 3.5 for years now with no bracket issues. I wonder if it is due to my being limited running 10 inch travel shocks?

The biggest thing I notice is that the new geometry all but eliminated wheel hop. Some trails that I struggled on I now just drive through. I don't know for sure if it is due to the geometry being better or just evolution of the trails. It seems like trails around me get harder and not easier. The dirt erodes and the rocks are more exposed.

For me it was how predictable things became. There are a lot of steep tractionless climbs up here and now the rear just climbs or spins without upsetting the front.

Interesting. I have been running at 3.5 for years now with no bracket issues. I wonder if it is due to my being limited running 10 inch travel shocks?
likely that and the amount of bumpstop I'd assume you have with a 15.75" collapsed shock length, nth degree only used the high setting for the 5" lift height. I still have several drivers side track bar/control arm relocation brackets but no right hand uppers, along with a complete o3 up nth long arm system, all new parts in the original boxes. I was a nth dealer/installer and intend to hoard the parts forever.

likely that and the amount of bumpstop I'd assume you have with a 15.75" collapsed shock length, nth degree only used the high setting for the 5" lift height. I still have several drivers side track bar/control arm relocation brackets but no right hand uppers, along with a complete o3 up nth long arm system, all new parts in the original boxes. I was a nth dealer/installer and intend to hoard the parts forever.

I am running OME N67L (original ones) on first gen Nth shock shifters and bumps set for 5" up (50/50 split).

You do not have any of the Nth front short arm gyro stuff laying around would you? There is a measurement I am missing and cannot find anyone that has one that can help me out.

I am running OME N67L (original ones) on first gen Nth shock shifters and bumps set for 5" up (50/50 split).

You do not have any of the Nth front short arm gyro stuff laying around would you? There is a measurement I am missing and cannot find anyone that has one that can help me out.

Ask @Chris for the deets.

He has some files.

I do not make any front brackets. Any way you cut the mustard, the front end needs a mid arm even if they are only 24" links.
I have messed around with 2" taller axle mounts, 15" front upper and 26" lower arms with great success. It just doesn't compare to having a 3link mid arm.

What bad characteristics do longer front arms address?

Last edited:
Recent install.
2" OME springs/shocks.

Matched the shocks to 2" bumpstop extensions. Rotated lower spring perches match the stops at full compression.
The top track bar hole of the grometry correction mount was cut off due to body clearance. A 1" body lift is needed.
Most installs are using a shock length in excess of 14" collapsed shock length which requires a 3" or more bumpstop extension making the taller position a non issue and is the preferred position.

20201224_120327.jpg

20201224_102553.jpg

20201224_102420.jpg

20201224_102356.jpg

20201224_102349.jpg

20201224_102012.jpg

20201224_101458.jpg

20201224_094352.jpg

20201224_091755.jpg

20201224_091202.jpg

20201223_183342.jpg

20201223_173627.jpg