Dave Kishpaugh's (Jeep West) geometry correction brackets are now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video was the only instance where the Jeep behaved undesirabley. We also did pretty easy trails for the most part. I still need more seat time to get a whole picture. But my question was a specific one. Whether the difference in AS numbers I posted seem like the likely culprit of the wheel hop on that specific climb.
When I was following you off and on throughout the day, I noticed lots of little skips and minor struggles. Nothing significant or anything that really mattered, just enough to notice. I made it a point to copy your lines as best as I could and found that mine was rarely doing those things.

That really made you pee yourself? I think that specific climb brought the worst out of it. I took it wheeling on a very difficult trail earlier this week with some big ass climbs and it never hopped. It did awesome. That being said it definitely still has a geometry problem when it comes to a climb of that magnitude and I don’t like that. I’m hoping some modifications will bring AS down enough to give a smoother climb next time
Did you decide to try the geometry correction kit because you believed it would improve the off-road performance? Or was this intended as a street performance mod?

Here are some pics with disc brakes.

5C8D9903-804C-4963-B92B-EB3627E54B46.jpeg

210F6EBC-0AD1-4323-ACDC-2A142D0E447D.jpeg

768932A2-D328-4798-95C4-91A209B02D28.jpeg

8B174710-69E0-4502-864B-40DF7F509FED.jpeg

923C5527-C241-4A0B-BE40-5F0FD9C191CD.jpeg

Off road performance
Not to pick on you because I was under the very same impression, but you know there is a contingency here who claim this is and always was a street modification.

Reactions: D M
As it relates to the two videos that keep getting referenced. Wheel Hop is due to wheels losing traction and quickly gaining traction and that loss and gain of traction can be caused by many other factors (not just antisquat). Such as tires vs surface friction, power to the tires for as it is related to that surface friction, Bushing deflection, and shocks, I personally am not convinced that the hopping in those videos is related to AS or the difference in AS between those Jeeps, I believe it is most likely more related to the amount of power being applied to the tires as it relates to the surface friction of that steep ass hill. Most likely any TJ with similar type of tire with the same amount of torque applied to the rear wheels on that surface would probably lose and gain traction and thus hop, the hop could be reduced by shocks and it could be exaggerated if there is anything lose or deflecting in the suspension. Just my 2 cents on those videos.
And @jjvw, another person who agrees that other factors are involved, but you can toot your own horn to justify $4350 as long as you are able. I’m a scientist, so the only way to do an apples 🍎 to apples 🍎 comparison is to differ in only one variable.

Last edited:
Not to pick on you because I was under the very same impression, but you know there is a contingency here who claim this is and always was a street modification.
How do we know it didn’t improve his off road performance?

Reactions: Rick Flair
And @jjvw, another person who agrees, but you can toot your own horn to justify $4350 as long as you are able. I’m a scientist, so the only way to do an apples 🍎 to apples 🍎 comparison is to differ in only one variable.
You're trying so hard

A 3/4” lower hole put my AS at 100% with the calculator. I can’t decide if I should go this drastic or try 5/8” lower as more of a happy medium.
I know this is going to be controversial but move the frame side of the lower control arm down 5/8" in the calculator.

Reactions: starkey480
Status
Not open for further replies.