Dave Kishpaugh's (Jeep West) geometry correction brackets are now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many links are on the rear of your jeep?
200.gif

Plug it into a calculator. I don’t think you can get to where you want to go by only changing the lowers.
As I recall, it was said that you can safely lower the front 1" and move it forward 1/8" without issues and improve AS. If you wanted to do the lower axle side too, you end up with not enough link separation and an instant center that doesn't work...

Reactions: starkey480
it's a fair point. How often do LCA frame mounts present a clearanceissue on a shortarm where the mount is within the radius of the tire?
Rear LCA frame mounts and rear bumper are the main places I beat up. I'd want the lower CA in that bracket and not extending below it.

Reactions: D M
Aren't practically all TJs bound by the same rules? Tummy tuck and lift are a given for a TJ built for challenging trails. It has little to do with what suspension is used. They all bind at about the same amount of droop. The only real difference is adding wheelbase.
i knew the point would be lost in the translation, that's why i didn't say it 3dys ago during the free for all.

Aren't practically all TJs bound by the same rules? Tummy tuck and lift are a given for a TJ built for challenging trails. It has little to do with what suspension is used. They all bind at about the same amount of droop. The only real difference is adding wheelbase.
No. Poor geometry creates poor handling whether that be on the trail or on the road. All suspensions are not created equal.

I talked to dave a long time ago about his brackets asking a bunch of questions, and one was why cant I just redrill the lowers and he told me ill have no AS and have a sinking rear end similar to the RE longarm etc. is it possible to find that small measurement without decreasing AS to an unwanted amount, that we can all benefit from simply by drilling a hole on both Frame side LCA mounts?

Just thinking out loud here
You can lower the hole on the lower frame side only, there is actually a template by Nth degree that will locate the hole for you. Search Nth degree on this forum and you will find info on it. The template is made to drill the frame lower side and the axle lower side BUT you only drill the axle side if you raise the upper axle side at the same time, otherwise you will induce high loads into the brackets because of the reduced vertical separation.

nth degree template

Reactions: D M
did an MC lift make that climb? bet my old 3.5 woulda made the others look tame.

b4 you all run outside and fire up the drill. lower AS has consequences too. reread post#764.
This why I don’t build suspension packages. It is difficult to get right. Especially for the guy who doesn’t do them often. You have to know how changing one thing effects all the others. Trial and error would take years to figure out what guys who build often already know.

Body roll is a function of the roll center and not the anti-squat. There is more roll with a triangulated four link (like the mid arm referenced) then with a four link with a pan hard. Without the panhard, when the body rolls all the load goes into the springs/shocks/sway bar, with the panhard it will also go into the springs/shocks/sway bar AND the panhard.

Status
Not open for further replies.