Dave Kishpaugh's (Jeep West) geometry correction brackets are now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I specify anyone specific? If not, it applies.

All you mofos are annoying - let’s go wheel!
It was JJVW statement.
Because most of these are non problems. Pretending that they are problems is promoting a lack of understanding. And those fairly smart guys who think they did something valuable are annoying to those of us who actually know what we are doing.

That is an arrogant statement considering the company in this thread.

It was JJVW statement.
Because most of these are non problems. Pretending that they are problems is promoting a lack of understanding. And those fairly smart guys who think they did something valuable are annoying to those of us who actually know what we are doing.

That is an arrogant statement considering the company in this thread.
Ok?

JJVW blocked me, so assuming you are replying to him, he’s honestly not worth your time.

Josh is a fucktard. Nobody likes the guy. He won’t back down but is a pussy when it comes to people challenging his thoughts.

His drivel isn’t worth a thing, he knows enough to make him hard core on 35’s, lol, that was cool 20 years back. Shrug it off. 😂
Yes you are correct. I am a jjvw fanboy. His knowledge transcends earth. Literally.

🤔🤷‍♂️

There's no backtracking in what I said at all. Focused at the daily driver, yes, the benefits are obviously even greater off road. Every one that has it can attest to that. Some never see anything beside a gravel road to camping and fishing, but they get to enjoy the stress free drivability. It takes a wonky short arm and transforms it into something that works much better and doesn't need a bunch of extra crap nor the price tag of a long arm that is worse.

Spending money on shocks is an absolute joke in comparison to the benefits of geometry correction alone on a short arm. I can't even legitimately sell an outboard shock job over geometry correction after a customer drives one of my rigs that just has cheap bilstein shocks. The disappointment has been astounding after Outboards and led to the addition of geometry correction or mid arms I also build to make them behave. I can't even fathom being stuck driving a tj without geometry correction after experiencing its effects.

If binding suspension isn't an issue, why triangulate the suspension? why would the mounts get torn off? Why do control arm joints live a short life? Why does the track bar hit other components? Why do the tires hit the rear quarter? Why do the shocks hit the spring perches? What doesn't geometry correction improve on a short arm?

I don't think I've ever encountered so much foolishness in my life from adults over such a simple concept.

I promise I’m not trying to be antagonistic with this question: do you have any video? A picture of a good time doesn’t demonstrate anything all that useful.

I was by myself doing trail maintenance for the Tillamook jeep jamboree. I'm a JJUSA trail guide. There's plenty of video to watch of guys trying to climb that hill on you-tube. I don't particularly like driving down it forward, I surely wouldn't back down it. My maroon 99 tj has taken a tumble off of it when wet because I wouldn’t quit trying to jump it to the ledge. The maroon 97 stretched ls powered tj always spews oil on it.

And there it is. Hey look everyone JJVW is smarter than everyone here. Now we are annoying. Look guys we know nothing
@David Kishpaugh
@NashvilleTJ
@Blackjack
JJVW you are an arrogant prick!!!!!
Posts like this will just end up getting the thread locked. You are not going to change JJs mind. He does not think that the brackets are worth the effort and I do not think you should just reach for an expensive shock solution before trying to make changes to the chassis first. It is what it is. I have tried to be consistent about what these brackets can and can not do even contrary to things Dave might have said. I have always maintained that these are an option for those that are not to the level of needing a Mid arm as there is only so much you can do within the short arm architecture. On average you get around a 40% reduction in AS from the 180s to the 120s. You really cannot get much lower than that without lowering the frame side of the lower control arm which for many is not really a good option. Short arms also have a higher rate of increase of AS when the suspension droops compared to a mid arm. That could lead to issues on more difficult rock trails but rarely if you do not.

I have had the same setup using the original Nth brackets on my Jeep for nearly a decade and a half. It does exactly what I need it to do without expensive shocks that have a tendency to leak up here when the thermometer hits double digits below zero. Road manners matter to me. I need to be able to load up, drive three to four hours to a trail head, cover 15-20 miles of trail and then drive home in the same day without worry of it doing anything I do not ask it to. That was until today when for giggles I hooked up to a dump truck that was stuck in my back yard and you know what I got the rear to buck. I guess I better start saving for a mid arm.

Last edited:
we are all used to tiered mods, yes?
cheap/ better/ best.

what's this sys going for 160$, is that what i saw?
how much fix you think 160$ would get you down the road?

could we all agree it's not the top tier but it's better than the worst and can do better for your 4" lift than your current stilts in most instances.

Reactions: D M
And there it is. Hey look everyone JJVW is smarter than everyone here. Now we are annoying. Look guys we know nothing
@David Kishpaugh
@NashvilleTJ
@Blackjack
JJVW you are an arrogant prick!!!!!
Now I want Nashville to tell us how Dave's geo kit is working on his rig. Again, you can't even keep track of what you are upset about.

If you think axle steer does not affect on road handling you may not understand geometry as well as you think you do.
If that's your question, then ask me about shocks, too.
No I asked about sway bars. Why did you feel the need to restore a factory sway bar feel.
Posts like this will just end up getting the thread locked. You are not going to change JJs mind. He does not think that the brackets are worth the effort and I do not think you should just reach for an expensive shock solution before trying to make changes to the chassis first. It is what it is. I have tried to be consistent about what these brackets can and can not do even contrary to things Dave might have said. I have always maintained that these are an option for those that are not to the level of needing a Mid arm as there is only so much you can do within the short arm architecture. On average you get around a 40% reduction in AS from the 180s to the 120s. You really cannot get much lower than that without lowering the frame side of the lower control arm which for many is not really a good option. Short arms also have a higher rate of increase of AS when the suspension droops compared to a mid arm. That could lead to issues on more difficult rock trails but rarely if you do not.

I have had the same setup using the original Nth brackets on my Jeep for nearly a decade and a half. It does exactly what I need it to do without expensive shocks that have a tendency to leak up here when the thermometer hits double digits below zero. Road manners matter to me. I need to be able to load up, drive three to four hours to a trail head, cover 15-20 miles of trail and then drive home in the same day without worry of it doing anything I do not ask it to. That was until today when for giggles I hooked up to a dump truck that was stuck in my back yard and you know what I got the rear to buck. I guess I better start saving for a mid arm.
I too have only implied that they may restore geometry to that of less than a 2” lift. Right wrong or wrong indifferent. It up to the owner to choose what they want.

Reactions: D M
Now I want Nashville to tell us how Dave's geo kit is working on his rig. Again, you can't even keep track of what you are upset about.
So someone must have it on their vehicle to discuss the benefits? Yet you seem to have all the answers but do not own the kit. Have you driven a TJ with one installed?

Reactions: Pressurized
Status
Not open for further replies.