Dead Pedal Question

Zhillslady

TJ Enthusiast
I accept this won't make sense for the men members but maybe you'll know the answer anyway. Is there enough room in the foot well of a manual 97 for a dead pedal? Wearing high heels while driving makes it difficult to find a comfortable spot for your left foot when not shifting gears.

I don't like the idea of propping my foot on the clutch and resting it randomly on the mat damages the back of the heel on my shoes. Before you post it, wearing work boots to my job is not an option. LOL

image.jpeg
Here's one.
This reminded me of the time my work boot heel caught the door opening getting out at work one day and I fell out, coffee cup flying out of my hand.

Thank you. Looks like there is room for it. Sorry I had to remind you of an opps but I will say my high heel as caught several times. I do like the looks of clients when you pop open the door of my old TJ and a coach high heel comes out.

Reactions: brianb2 and Wade
I actually do a lot of driving in house slippers. When I get to where I am going I just slip them off and into shoes. ☆ All this brought on by poor ciculation in my feet makes them cold all the time☆

Reactions: Zhillslady
Do the heels ever damage your floor mats or carpets?

Well glad you asked. The PO pulled all the carpet and people keep saying leave it out but it just kinda gives it that ratty, old look with no flooring and I've been debating about a bed rug. I have the weather tech liner in my honda because yes your high heels do dig into the carpet. Problem is mats like that ruin the back of your heel as it constantly rubs on it. My shoes are pricey but I got 17k in that TJ so I think I'll just add a weatertech mat on the drivers side and wear slippers like stinger does.

But for all you men on the forum here's your laugh for the day. I bought 4 watertight shoe boxes yesterday and they fit perfectly along the area inside rear door and behind back seat. I put in a pair of red, brown, black and grey heels and I now wear my slippers while driving. When I get where I'm going I pop open and box and get a pair for the day. I'll post a picture later.

Reactions: Stinger
Well glad you asked. The PO pulled all the carpet and people keep saying leave it out but it just kinda gives it that ratty, old look with no flooring and I've been debating about a bed rug. I have the weather tech liner in my honda because yes your high heels do dig into the carpet. Problem is mats like that ruin the back of your heel as it constantly rubs on it. My shoes are pricey but I got 17k in that TJ so I think I'll just add a weatertech mat on the drivers side and wear slippers like stinger does.

But for all you men on the forum here's your laugh for the day. I bought 4 watertight shoe boxes yesterday and they fit perfectly along the area inside rear door and behind back seat. I put in a pair of red, brown, black and grey heels and I now wear my slippers while driving. When I get where I'm going I pop open and box and get a pair for the day. I'll post a picture later.
Simple solutions are my favorites:D

Okay, that's freakin awesome.

Reactions: Stinger