Dealer asking $18,000 what do uguys think it's worth?

Mojo77

IMG_1197.JPG
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1205.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1209.JPG
IMG_1210.JPG

What does the frame look like?

X2

Get under it and take photos of the frame. What kind of miles are on it as well?

If it's got lower miles and a rust free frame, then yes, 18k is a fair price depending on what part of the country you're in.

Here in the Pacific Northwest a TJ Rubicon would easily go for 20k with a clean frame and lower miles.

Reactions: Mojo77
X2

Get under it and take photos of the frame. What kind of miles are on it as well?

If it's got lower miles and a rust free frame, then yes, 18k is a fair price depending on what part of the country you're in.

Here in the Pacific Northwest a TJ Rubicon would easily go for 20k with a clean frame and lower miles.
Going to drive it tomorrow. Has 62,000 miles. Will definitely check the frame

Reactions: Chris
Going to drive it tomorrow. Has 62,000 miles. Will definitely check the frame

With that low mileage and a clean frame (assuming it has one) and an accident free history, then yes, it's a very fair asking price!

I sure wouldn't pay the asking price off any lot! - I sold used cars many, many years ago. Lowball them and then fight for a lowered price. IMHO 18K is too much for that vehicle.:oops:

Looks real clean, low mileage. But why the seat cover? Why all the armour all? Where are the stock wheels? and why? And why the new radio? Everything looks almost perfect but all the minor changes make me wonder... "stolen? insurance write off? And where is the hardtop? $18.5K is top $$$$ not sure this one is pristine.... I'd offer maybe $13.8K... wait, thats what I paid for my TJR 5 years ago.

And where are the milk jugs? This is not a perfect example !!! Get a full mechanical inspection for sure. Is this sold thru a dealer or is it being curbed?

But why the seat cover? Many Jeepers install seat covers, I did when my TJ was nearly new.

Why all the armour all? Car dealers usually do that with cars they're selling, it makes things look newer/shinier though Armorall is admittedly crappy stuff to use.

Where are the stock wheels? Replacing the factory wheels is a common thing for Jeep owners. My TJ was 6 months old when it got new aluminum wheels.

And why the new radio? Same with the radio, the factory radio is not good enough to suit everyone. I replaced mine on both of my TJs to gain an aux input port for my MP3 player.

And where is the hardtop? Hardtops are not standard on Rubicons. My Rubicon did not come with a hard top.

And where are the milk jugs? That is one of the first "mods" many new TJ owners do their Jeeps. Removing the milk jugs is commonly done, it just makes the Jeep look less stock.
$18k sounds high to me too, I'd push for lower price/low-ball them.

Last edited: