Dear California, have you always been on fire?

That is surprising, I agree. I'm really getting tired of California's smoke going everywhere. We dealt with this for months during the Summer up here as well.

Don’t worry. Won’t be much left to burn

The smoke does suck again today. Worse than yesterday. But you’ll never hear me complain. This Damn fire took so much from people that have nothing now. We should all consider ourselves pretty damn fortunate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lowranger
Don’t worry. Won’t be much left to burn

The smoke does suck again today. Worse than yesterday. But you’ll never hear me complain. This Damn fire took so much from people that have nothing now. We should all consider ourselves pretty damn fortunate

I know. I always wonder how much more of California can burn before there's just nothing left? I mean these are some pretty huge fires. I'd be interested to see what the total size of the state is, and how much of that size has been burnt from these fires.

Think about the tax payer dollars that go into funding all of the firefighting too!

Not to turn this into a political bash. BUT. Our d*ck head governor Moonbeam thought it was ok for the power company PG&E to pass on the costs of damages to their customers. So besides taxes, our PG&E bills will go up more also

Reactions: Daryl and Chris
go to Cal Fire's website, and look at acreage totals over the last 4 years. I'm afraid to look. Cali is a big state, but damn!

Daughter just text me and said no school tomorrow due to the poor air quality

Same here, all the schools are closed tomorrow. Here in town the air quality index is 330, with 301 and above being "hazardous."

On my way home from work today in Lincoln (75 or so miles from the Camp Fire). Maybe 1/4 mile visibility, if that.
IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2115.jpg

Reactions: Chris
The coastal chaparral is a different beast from the forest. My neighborhood was destroyed in the 2003 Cedar Fire. 15 years later, you wouldn't know it burned, it grows back so quickly. Not only that, this stuff burns like gas green. The property behind me is owned by a wildlife preservation fund. They maintain a 100 ft clear space. With 50 mph winds, embers the size of your fist are traveling football fields and it's just a matter of luck where they land. No one should have natural fuels up against their house. Sometimes the property can be defended by fire fighters. Sometimes not.

Reactions: Chris
Talk about trifecta on that citation, was there a count four?

Eleven acres six miles from me on Friday. First day I tried out my Traeger grill on a chicken. Half way through I noticed the smoke smelled a little different, not quite apple wood and the helicopters confirmed my suspicions. Fortunately no structures lost. Not really the golden hills of California these days, more phos-chek red or pink.

Reactions: Thunderhead