Death Trap Build :) (check it out)

I dig it! What did you use to paint the axles and everything?

Looks like you've got plenty of ground clearance there with those 37s!

I dig it! What did you use to paint the axles and everything?

Looks like you've got plenty of ground clearance there with those 37s!
The axles are POR15 then I actually just used a high heat paint from autozone that I found cause it was cheap and glossy and then I used a second layer of just gloss spray paint to help the paint from fading.

I have 13 inches of clearance til lithe bottom of the pumpkin on the 8.8 so decent clearance. I just want a skid plate or something under that diff now

Love this build, something maybe I can do one day with my cherry red TJ. Axles are just a bitch though Especially being 19 and working at a grocery store currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya man I’m 21 and have been working on this thing since I was 16. Just save up slowly and take your time. It’s a marathon not a sprint for sure

Build looks great, not bad for 17. Not many younger folks that are willing to put time into a rig these days.
Might be worthwhile to look at gusseting the inner c's with 37's. That's a known structural weakness of the 30.

Reactions: James Kitt
Nice work! Looks really good. Of course, I love Flame Red TJ's. I also really like the MC fenders, though I go back and forth., they look good on your rig. They are a chunk of change. It takes a lot to go to 37's and you're pretty much there, which in my book is very commendable. Thanks for sharing...I've got a Dana 44 I'm prepping in my garage and 4.56 gears sitting in my bedroom ready to go in. Hopefully in the next couple of months it will go in!

can you post some under hood pics of those fenders? i've been on the fence about metalcloak for years......... love the overline. what wattage are those LED headlights? again... pics? lol

keep up the sweet build.

Just to keep y’all updated on what she’s like now.

Working on finishing out the rear with big brake kit and I need to get a SYE in there as well because it’s got a vibe now between 30-35 mph.

90647FF6-2A31-4551-AFE3-B76FFE858731.jpeg

D71B4703-D6D8-43E5-975F-41FEFB2C90C1.jpeg

92BA0D8C-2469-4F47-BB99-0AC1ECB89AE8.jpeg

9706473C-AFD9-4E05-BC36-4D5BE78325C5.jpeg

2C0E9D55-0F76-4370-9F96-BA4D681D689C.jpeg

E3FF5EC8-8504-4C91-8EAA-6A22936C39F7.jpeg

She's looking good! I rarely like tube fenders but they look good on yours!

Every time I see a red TJ, I wish mine was red!

Love this build, something maybe I can do one day with my cherry red TJ. Axles are just a bitch though Especially being 19 and working at a grocery store currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a clean driving record and look the part, consider looking at valet positions at high end (or maybe need to start at middle of the road) hotels. They pay pretty well and you get to drive some awesome cars.

View attachment 50569 View attachment 50570 View attachment 50567 View attachment 50568 ALRIGHT FINALLY. The Jeep rolls and it’s amazing. Here are some
Photos of the new axles under her. Still need to bleed brakes again, connect front driveshaft, install new custom front trackbar, replace front tie rod, have the sway bar mounts welded on the 8.8, install the breathers, get the emergency brake adapters for the rear and finally I need to adjust the rear tire carrier to support the 37....BUT it can move on it’s own and it looks sexy so I’m happy. I really need to wax her tho.

This winter I’ll get around to getting a SYE in there at least and I have a few other ideas swirling around in my head.
I just want to be able to drive it again after two months!

Are those rear shocks mounted can up? If so, you literally have no up travel and need new shocks.

Are those rear shocks mounted can up? If so, you literally have no up travel and need new shocks.

Yeah I’m tracking on that.
My current goal is just to get it drivable around town. I still have to look into SYE, 1” body lift, rear semi comp cut fenders, and then swapping shocks and possible 1” spacers for the springs.
Still need to hash out some thoughts but by no means is done.

Reactions: Chris
Update:

Been a long time.

Resolved the drive line vibe and loose brakes on the jeep.
I just need to replace the catalytic converter and muffler that has rusted out on me so it passes emissions.

I finally found a good small off road club near me so im excited and need to get this thing ready for summer.

I don't have a lot of cash to spend getting it ready but it needs a little more work on it so I'm confident in not breaking anything on those moderate trails.

For the near future Im thinking:
- Dana 30 27 spline lunch box locker (not sure which yet) 500ish bucks
- Rear corner guards (comp. cutting the wheel well by a few inches (not sure brand yet) 300ish bucks
-Moving the spare tire onto the box in the back to shorten the profile of the jeep.
-limb risers to protect front windshield 90 bucks

Any thoughts on lunchbox locker brand and/or corner guards that can be cut a bit then please let me know!
Am I missing any thing else?

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Update:

Been a long time.

Resolved the drive line vibe and loose brakes on the jeep.
I just need to replace the catalytic converter and muffler that has rusted out on me so it passes emissions.

I finally found a good small off road club near me so im excited and need to get this thing ready for summer.

I don't have a lot of cash to spend getting it ready but it needs a little more work on it so I'm confident in not breaking anything on those moderate trails.

For the near future Im thinking:
- Dana 30 27 spline lunch box locker (not sure which yet) 500ish bucks
- Rear corner guards (comp. cutting the wheel well by a few inches (not sure brand yet) 300ish bucks
-Moving the spare tire onto the box in the back to shorten the profile of the jeep.
-limb risers to protect front windshield 90 bucks

Any thoughts on lunchbox locker brand and/or corner guards that can be cut a bit then please let me know!
Am I missing any thing else?
I would go with the bigger splined Dana 30 stuff. Especially since you adding a traction device.

Reactions: taylormade73
X2 on the 30 spline components and chromolys if you didn't end up doing that already...And some new photos...it's been 1 1/2 years.

Reactions: TJ Starting and JMT