Death Wobble Visual

I have no trouble understanding why someone (maybe DaYooperTransplant?) took that video. I'd probably do exactly the same thing, take the video and share it.

I do have trouble trying to understand how someone could just keep on driving like that. Even the couple videos I've seen where someone gets DW "on purpose" to show it and then slows down is probably putting too much wear too fast on too many parts.

People use the term "death wobble" so liberally these days. Someone with a vibration will refer to it as "death wobble". I always tell people that you don't know what "death wobble" really is until you've genuinely been scared shitless. A vibration won't do that!

People use the term "death wobble" so liberally these days. Someone with a vibration will refer to it as "death wobble". I always tell people that you don't know what "death wobble" really is until you've genuinely been scared shitless. A vibration won't do that!
Right? About soiled my drawers the first time it happened to me. 2005 F250, and my wife was driving. So after I bought my Jeep and read about the TJ being susceptible to it, my guard was up. Violent!

I can’t get the video to play on my iPhone so I figured I screwed something up when I posted it.

Reactions: Chris
Right? About soiled my drawers the first time it happened to me. 2005 F250, and my wife was driving. So after I bought my Jeep and read about the TJ being susceptible to it, my guard was up. Violent!

I can’t get the video to play on my iPhone so I figured I screwed something up when I posted it.
That’s odd, the video works fine for me on my iPhone.

I have no trouble understanding why someone (maybe DaYooperTransplant?) took that video. I'd probably do exactly the same thing, take the video and share it.

I do have trouble trying to understand how someone could just keep on driving like that. Even the couple videos I've seen where someone gets DW "on purpose" to show it and then slows down is probably putting too much wear too fast on too many parts.
If you look close you can see their left turn signal come on and their slowing down to pull over.

Plenty of videos like the below. Thankfully, I've never had to deal with it on either vehicle.

Why would anyone, who knows they have a problem, keep driving their vehicle reproducing the problem or take the time to film the problem and not pull over?

Reactions: Fixer6
That reminds me of the early 2000s AS the bikes were getting lighter and more powerful, the front tire would get like that. We called it tank slappers though, right dang scary when you only have one wheel and the bars are kicking hard enough to break a wrist

• Wow
Reactions: JMT
That reminds me of the early 2000s AS the bikes were getting lighter and more powerful, the front tire would get like that. We called it tank slappers though, right dang scary when you only have one wheel and the bars are kicking hard enough to break a wrist

tank slapper is what we called it, too.

Death Wobble Rule #1: If you only think you may have Death Wobble... You don't.

X2

Seems most new Wrangler owners think a slight vibration or shimmy is death wobble. We can all assure them, it isnt.

First time I experienced it was in my 94 F350. It's sitting on 37s, so it's got some size and weight to it. Entered a sweeping left hand curve @55mph and hit a frost heave. Damn steering wheel almost broke my thumb. It was violent as a mofo.

Reactions: Chris
X2

Seems most new Wrangler owners think a slight vibration or shimmy is death wobble. We can all assure them, it isnt.

First time I experienced it was in my 94 F350. It's sitting on 37s, so it's got some size and weight to it. Entered a sweeping left hand curve @55mph and hit a frost heave. Damn steering wheel almost broke my thumb. It was violent as a mofo.

Yep, unfortunately to most new Jeep owners, the term "death wobble" has become interchangeable with vibration. Now we're left having to try and re-educate everyone of the differences.