Decent H3 LED bulb?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I was looking to replace the H3 (I think they're H3 at least) headlight bulbs in my factory fog lights on my 05 Rubicon. Now I'm well aware of all the garbage LED bulbs on eBay, I was just curious to know if anyone out there has found a decent H3 LED bulb that has some nice light output.

Thanks in advance!

halogen lights only vary in wattage. and low beams are federally restricted to 55watts. The standard H# is 55lowbeam/65highbeam if you have H4, 4 light systems, you could put in 100watt bulbs but they would be restricted to off highway use... and the highway definition includes every public roadway from city streets to forestry roads.

Someone did a write up recently on LED bulb choices and I think the conversion from a halogen to LED bulb is expensive.... and difficult to do correctly.

go here

http://wranglertjforum.com/threads/headlight-upgrade-options.70/

Last edited:
Reactions: johnny deeker
LED Setups
A true LED setup has many advantages over a halogen setup. A true LED headlight will have a much sharper cutoff pattern (therefore illuminating the road better while not blinding oncoming traffic), better light output, and it will feature a headlight housing that is designed from the ground up for an LED bulb (this is very important). True LED setups are typically more expensive, but you really do get what you pay for!

I agree with this. Fine to jury rig things like spare tires carriers but items like head lights which have such an impact on road safety.... buy something designed from the ground up.