Denver's 02 TJ

Denverdean1

I wish I started this a year ago when I got the Jeep but better late than never I always say.

I have always liked Jeeps ever since I was old enough too realize there was two of my dads old CJ's sitting under a tarp in my backyard. I became obsessed with CJ's hoping one day I could fix them up. But then my buddy got a TJ and I realized how much fun they are. Once I saved up enough money I started looking for a Jeep for myself. I looked for quite a while making sure I found one in decent shape, within my price range, and with a nice bright colour like yellow or red. I came across a 2002 TJ sport with 151,000 km, in amber fire pearl. It fit all the requirements so I quickly messaged the owner and went to look at it.

And on September 12th, 2018, I officially had myself a TJ.
IMG-1844.JPG

20181121_105229.jpg

Me and my buddies Jeep in our high school parking lot.

There were a couple things I needed to fix before I could get it safetied, So into the high school shop I went.

20180928_101223.jpg

I replaced all ball joints, front axle u-joints, wheel cylinders, and put in a new steering box. It sat for a good month and a half before I was finished as I was only able to work on it for an hour every day. It took a lot of learning and some help from the teacher but I finally got it done. I got a pretty nasty gash in my hand as well.

Winter came and I started making plans on what I wanted to do to my Jeep in the spring. I don't have a garage and it sucks working in the cold and snow so I enjoyed it the way it was for a while.

20190120_152549.jpg

Once it started getting a little nicer out I set on de-chroming the thing. Luckily the jeep came with the factory mirrors, door hinges and windshield hinges. The door hinges were in decent shape so I stuck those back on. The mirrors and windshield hinges were not though so I sanded them down and painted them with bed liner. One day I will paint the hinges amber fire but I did not want to get into trying to get the right paint then.
20190221_161952.jpg

I think it looks a lot better.

Reactions: Zedd and Head Lice
Next on my list was too add some lights. I got some decent little spot lights and went to mount them and wire them up. I put two on the bumper and two on the windshield using some brackets I made out of 1/8 steel plate.
20190513_175823.jpg
20190515_130935.jpg

20190515_130923.jpg

I also changed out my leaky stock muffler for a Flowmaster 44. It sounds nice now.

Like your Tj, mines an ‘02 also but with 140,000. Glad you go rid of the milkjugs. I haven’t done anything to my suspension or drivetrain, just brake lines and a starter. You took the bling off of your Tj while I’ve added some to mine

is it for the block heater?

Or do you not winterize your vehicles down there In that part of Canada?
My block heater is a cord that runs out of the engine, the plug on my bumper has a wire that runs up to the engine bay, through the firewall, and all the way along the inside of the Jeep then down through the rubber grommet in the back corner. Its definitely something to do with lights. I'm now thinking it might be for connecting the tail lights when flat towing the Jeep?

I’ve been thinking about installing one of the hard points for my block heater rather then just have to cord dangling.

My truck has the cord running down the frame and out the back bumper since it gets backed into its space at work. Makes it way easier.

I find probably two extension cords a year in myneighbor from people forgetting to unplug before work.

nice Jeep, have fun with it.

I wish I started this a year ago when I got the Jeep but better late than never I always say.

I have always liked Jeeps ever since I was old enough too realize there was two of my dads old CJ's sitting under a tarp in my backyard. I became obsessed with CJ's hoping one day I could fix them up. But then my buddy got a TJ and I realized how much fun they are. Once I saved up enough money I started looking for a Jeep for myself. I looked for quite a while making sure I found one in decent shape, within my price range, and with a nice bright colour like yellow or red. I came across a 2002 TJ sport with 151,000 km, in amber fire pearl. It fit all the requirements so I quickly messaged the owner and went to look at it.

And on September 12th, 2018, I officially had myself a TJ. View attachment 128532

View attachment 128533
Me and my buddies Jeep in our high school parking lot.
As @Chris says, hey twin :)
6B072A74-12A2-4644-BB2B-8F0597B77563.jpeg

Reactions: Web98 and Chris