Arizona Desert Splash Parker AZ November 2023

2023 date not published yet. It looks like they hold it the first Fri in Nov. When do they usually post the date? I would like to book a hotel room ASAP. Do they have a specific equipment requirement and vehicle inspection?

They will put the date on their website and FB page usually around August if I remember correctly. Only a couple hotels in Parker but I have never had a problem booking a room. The majority of the participants camp at Buckskin park where the event is staged. Check in is Thursday night and Friday morning before the trail runs start. They will post the trails with a description and suggested tire size and equipment, and you just sign up. I have never had anyone inspect my Jeep or verify my equipment. I typically run trails above what is suggested for my Jeep and equipment and have the scars and body damage that come with those trails. I usually get an "If you are ok with it then we are" from the other participants. Well run event just low key.

Reactions: RINC
Thanks for the replies. I’ll check their site in Aug. My family spent many a weekend camping and boating a LaPaz County Park back in the day. Sounds like a Good time and looking forward to attending.

Reactions: RINC and Havasu
In case anyone is following along. Nov 9th , 10th and 11th.
http://parker4wheelers.com/
https://www.facebook.com/P4Wheelers/?ref=page_internal
1694798345745.png

1694798301642.png

We haven’t been out in awhile. I’d rather get a smaller group of us together for a good run.

When I was racing motorcycles I distinctly remember how much I hated group rides. Big events like this don’t appeal to me.

We haven’t been out in awhile. I’d rather get a smaller group of us together for a good run.

When I was racing motorcycles I distinctly remember how much I hated group rides. Big events like this don’t appeal to me.

I understand. This event id not for everyone. Debbie won't even consider it.
I enjoy a couple big events a year. I get to meet a multitude of good people and usually make some lasting friendships.
Most of the Jeep people I do small rides with I met at large events.

And yes we do need to get out soon! The Jeep is ready but the calendar jammed until late October.

Not sure if any others are going, but I just booked my room for the Splash. Unless something happens I will be there on the 9th.

• Sad