DeWalt Gyroscopic Power Screwdriver

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I do a lot of work on my R/C cars and crawlers, as well as little things around the house. One of the things I always felt I was lacking (I have a ton of tools) is a power screwdriver.

I decided to go with DeWalt since I have a lot of their lithium ion battery powered tools and really like them.

This is what I ended up going with:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011WRUODC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I've had it for about a month now and I can officially say I am thoroughly impressed. While the concept is very simple and there isn't much to it, the gyroscope feature makes this tool really cool! You just tilt it which way you want to move the screw and it moves it. The further you turn, the faster it goes.

It sounds kind of gimmicky on paper (and I thought this before it arrived), but once you use it it's very, very intuitive and becomes second nature practically the first time you use it.

I have to say that this has become one of my go to tools now, and I find myself using it all the time. The battery charges quick and so far I haven't been able to fully deplete it with my uses.

Anyways, just wanted to share. This is an awesome tool to have for the toolbox.

I have some of DeWalts 20 volt MAX XR brushless motor tools. I love them. I bought the 1/2 in impact (DCF899) before I put my lift on. That think broke loose control arm bolts like it was nothing. After that I bought a combo kit with a 1/2 inch drill/driver (DCD791B) and a 1/4 inch impact (DCF887B). Both have worked well. Most recently I got their 4-1/2 inch angle grinder (DCG413B). I’ve only used it a couple times but it was nice.

I got a few more XR tools I want to add in the future.

I think that screw driver might be one to add too.

I've got a ton of the DeWalt brushless MAX XR tools and really love them. The nail gun is especially awesome.

Definitely add this screwdriver. For the price it's a no brainer, and you'll find yourself using it on anything with a screw!

Reactions: MountaineerTom