Diabetes is such a horrible disease

Well the wife scared the shit out of me this weekend. Her kid function ratio was (GFR) was below 13 for the last few weeks. SO she got real creepy and was yelling at me to not let her die last night. She was barely able to get out of bed today so i finally took her to the hospital, and her kidney functions came back up from the test she just had 4 days ago. I as worried about her dying but it just wont happen now. So everyone, please take care of your kidneys. Tim
Damn, that's scary. I hope she has a good and speedy recovery.

She needs a kidney from someone with O-neg blood, that is the only thing that will help. Dr. told us in the ER last night that her kidenys are doing better last night than in the last 4 weeks, but she is still drowsy, grumpy and just does not feel good. Dylasis would not help her yet, so she has to get worse before they can help her. Makes for a sucky life.

She needs a kidney from someone with O-neg blood, that is the only thing that will help. Dr. told us in the ER last night that her kidenys are doing better last night than in the last 4 weeks, but she is still drowsy, grumpy and just does not feel good. Dylasis would not help her yet, so she has to get worse before they can help her. Makes for a sucky life.
Damn man, that's brutal! Wishing you both all the best.

I know what you're going through @astjp2 my girlfriend has been type one since she was 11 or 12 (31 now). I've been with her for 7 years and it's always been a struggle to keep things right. Then last year she went in to the hospital with pneumonia and came out knowing her kidneys had shut down due to the water pills and all the other meds she's on for various other health issues. She has to go to dialysis 3 days a week for 3 hours at a time. I couldn't imagine having to go through this at 30 years old. It sucks not being able to do anything for her other than just support. The only advice I can try to give is to just be there for her, keep her spirits high and don't let her get herself down.

PS: Also looking for an O negative donor, so let me know if you find a spare. Doc said the waiting list that type is over 6 years which sucks!

Reactions: Equilibrium31
at 30, she was spry and chipper, now at 41 it seems everything is life threatening... especially when she quit taking most of her meds...and did not tell me, what a drastic change for the worse. Her personality got so bad to deal with, angry, depressed, just miserable to be around.

• Sad
Reactions: derekmac
Well the wife went into the hospital on Friday, BP was through the roof, and her gfr was down to 10. It’s back up to 19 now. I wish she would stop scaring me.

• Wow
Reactions: DrDmoney
I know what you're going through @astjp2 my girlfriend has been type one since she was 11 or 12 (31 now). I've been with her for 7 years and it's always been a struggle to keep things right. Then last year she went in to the hospital with pneumonia and came out knowing her kidneys had shut down due to the water pills and all the other meds she's on for various other health issues. She has to go to dialysis 3 days a week for 3 hours at a time. I couldn't imagine having to go through this at 30 years old. It sucks not being able to do anything for her other than just support. The only advice I can try to give is to just be there for her, keep her spirits high and don't let her get herself down.

PS: Also looking for an O negative donor, so let me know if you find a spare. Doc said the waiting list that type is over 6 years which sucks!
Well I have had kidney stones so they would not mine, I am a+