Diamond Recovery Ring - Soft Shackle Pulley

There is a video on Youtube that shows an increase in friction over a standard block, reducing affective pulling power...

Other than that, I haven't used one myself so can't say.

1631557697606.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveF
Yes they're not as friction-free as a snatch block is but they still work "well enough" where larger diameter like 3/8" synthetic ropes are concerned. I'd rather have one of those than not if I didn't already have a snatch block.

I know this is an older thread, but if you were buying initially (meaning you have nothing but straps and shackles for recovery) would you go with the ring and soft shackle, or a snatch block? (I just got my first winch in my 20+ years of off-roading, and have added soft shackles… I have 2 30ft 4 inch straps in kit as well)

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
My snatch blocks are heavy as crap so having a lightweight aluminum ring is somewhat attractive, even if if reduces the mechanical advantage from 2 to 1.8. I just ordered 4 Wizard soft shackles to dump some weight from my recovery bag.

Reactions: Irun and 72afr
My snatch blocks are heavy as crap so having a lightweight aluminum ring is somewhat attractive, even if if reduces the mechanical advantage from 2 to 1.8. I just ordered 4 Wizard soft shackles to dump some weight from my recovery bag.

The TRE snatch block is very light.

I dumped the steel shackles and snatch-block from my recovery bag a couple years ago. In their place went 3 sets of soft shackles and two rings. I've used them both numerous times and am glad I made the switch. All that shaved a good 15+ pounds from the recovery bag!

Reactions: freedom_in_4low

Also 2x the price. Not that it shouldn't be because I'm sure it's at least 2x to manufacture.

I just ordered one of the Diamond recovery rings and will check it out. If I don't like it I can buy the TRE in the future.

Can't wait to put my 50 pound all-steel snatch blocks and Factor 55 flatlink on marketplace. I'll probably keep a bow shackle or two in the recovery bag just because but honestly I'm shocked I haven't thrown my back out lifting all that crap in and out, given the fact that I've spent days crippled on the floor after picking up ridiculous things like a basket of folded laundry, or an empty Dasani bottle.

As it turns out I am in the recovery gear forum to see if anyone else has a TRE snatch block with a wheel that is very hard to turn. When using it recently I noticed the winch line was sliding rather than the wheel turning. TRE has promised a return label and fix, waiting on the label.

As it turns out I am in the recovery gear forum to see if anyone else has a TRE snatch block with a wheel that is very hard to turn. When using it recently I noticed the winch line was sliding rather than the wheel turning. TRE has promised a return label and fix, waiting on the label.

Is it hard to spin by hand? Given their new rarity, I would be tempted to open it up and see what is going on rather than return it.

Reactions: rasband

I don’t recall mine having any unreasonable resistance. Last used mine while assisting a 1 wheel drive rig out of Pritchett.

• Wow
Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Is it hard to spin by hand? Given their new rarity, I would be tempted to open it up and see what is going on rather than return it.

I had no idea they were hard to get now. It has always been hard to spin by hand. I've had it for a while and first used it a month or two ago. John from TRE said they had some snap rings that were thicker and binding things up.

I had no idea they were hard to get now. It has always been hard to spin by hand. I've had it for a while and first used it a month or two ago. John from TRE said they had some snap rings that were thicker and binding things up.

Get John to send you the correct thickness of snap rings.

Reactions: Apparition