Diamond Recovery Ring - Soft Shackle Pulley

I had no idea they were hard to get now. It has always been hard to spin by hand. I've had it for a while and first used it a month or two ago. John from TRE said they had some snap rings that were thicker and binding things up.

There is an issue with the snap ring grooves not being the correct distance apart. There was another issue with the holes in the side plates not being exactly the right size. There has never been a snap ring thickness issue but it is possible that they sourced some that we don't know about and created that issue.

There is an issue with the snap ring grooves not being the correct distance apart. There was another issue with the holes in the side plates not being exactly the right size. There has never been a snap ring thickness issue but it is possible that they sourced some that we don't know about and created that issue.

All I know is what they told me but I had my TRE snatch block back in a few days and the wheel spins easily now. It might actually be a different one, cant be exactly sure but they took care of it quickly.

All I know is what they told me but I had my TRE snatch block back in a few days and the wheel spins easily now. It might actually be a different one, cant be exactly sure but they took care of it quickly.

Regardless of what they said, here is how it works.
The snap ring grooves have a minor .002 tolerance larger than the snap ring.
DSC00855.JPG

The snap ring is an industry standard thickness for a 2.5" external retaining ring.

DSC00853.JPG

Even if you were to find some out spec snap rings some place, they won't fit into the groove and the groove width has not changed since day 1 and it is run a smidge tighter than spec to hold the two side plates a bit less rattly than they could be.

The width between the two grooves is what determines how well the pulley turns.

DSC00854.JPG

Reactions: Mrholland
View attachment 370437

The snap ring is an industry standard thickness for a 2.5" external retaining ring.

View attachment 370441
Even if you were to find some out spec snap rings some place, they won't fit into the groove and the groove width has not changed since day 1 and it is run a smidge tighter than spec to hold the two side plates a bit less rattly than they could be.

View attachment 370445

Makes sense.

View attachment 370437

View attachment 370441

View attachment 370445
Is there a WRG snatch block in the future? If so I’m a buyer of 2 of them.