Dickey Bell

Capefearkid

8D9A80F6-D22A-4653-BDC1-1ADCD3FEFF84.png

I went there in December for the first time. It was a lot of fun.

How are the trails right now? I just realized this weekend that it opened already. For some reason I was thinking it opened the 15th. Either way, I’ll be out there this weekend with a buddy that drives a WJ.

I don’t know. I haven’t been since December. I think they always open on 1 April and close 15 December.

Ya, dust is no fun sometimes. Especially the clean up when you return home. But when it rains, the red clay is no fun either. It’s always worth it though. 🤙🏼

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I went to Uwharrie a couple time. Got caught in the rain once and that red clay is no joke. How’s the ledge on Daniel trail?

I went to Uwharrie a couple time. Got caught in the rain once and that red clay is no joke. How’s the ledge on Daniel trail?

Definitely can’t get up it with a swb not a days. Not too hard though once you get up the side of the ledge. I went last weekend and have some GoPro vids I haven’t uploaded. Here’s a guy that flipped his JLU while I was there on front side of Dickey Bell. Sucks when this happens cause then it caused traffic

B0BF63A1-FBCB-4E31-AFD0-70904521EB8C.jpeg

Definitely can’t get up it with a swb not a days. Not too hard though once you get up the side of the ledge. I went last weekend and have some GoPro vids I haven’t uploaded. Here’s a guy that flipped his JLU while I was there on front side of Dickey Bell. Sucks when this happens cause then it caused traffic

View attachment 247343
What the heck was he doing to get in that situation?

lol I have no clue. We showed up to the trail and it was like that. It looked like the older gentleman let a18-19 y/o he was with drive. I think when he was coming down (somewhat steep descent for a Swb but shouldn’t be for a JLU), he came up too high on the side of berm and gave it to much throttle and flipped it. And probably a bad spotter or no spotter..

That was going down the Dickey Bell hill climb, or somewhere else in it?

There’s a couple places on the hill I could see that happening if you got in a bad situation.

View attachment 247343
I was there about 5 years ago and made it up the ledge with my open diffs lol. On the right side by the tree/guardrail it was a little easier. I’m sure it just keeps getting worse each year. I’d love to make it out there again!

This was in April but better late than never. This is Uwharrie’s Daniel trail. We went up the backside and I drove back down the front side and back up.

38EA2F72-C03B-4903-9F4A-89D8AF3E5622.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1588.mov
    4.7 MB