Did a DIY wheel alignment but my TJ has caster cam bolts.

Dyl

Hi all

I recently installed a 2inch spacer lift and 31" tyres so wanted to do a wheel alignment. I followed the instructions for doing the toe in adjustment and got it within spec.

Given that mine is 1997 it does have the option for caster adjustment in the lower control arms as seen in the pic.

So my question i guess is do I need to take it to an alignment shop to do the caster alignment or is there a way to know if it needs to be adjusted at all? Seems the newer TJs doesn't have this caster adjustment option so perhaps it's not really worthwhile?

IMG_20210704_111212.jpg

Bump for any other options?

So caster adjustment is not necessary in an early TJ with lift and larger tyres?

Bump for any other options?

So caster adjustment is not necessary in an early TJ with lift and larger tyres?
Larger tires don’t change any of the geometry since everything moves up together. The only consideration is the lift: unless you have a poor return to center in a turn (unlikely with 2” lift) you shouldn’t need to mess with caster.

If it feels like it has light steering and is floaty, you may benefit, but if it drives good don’t mess with it.

If it feels like it has light steering and is floaty, you may benefit, but if it drives good don’t mess with it

if you havent adjusted the control arm caster bolts then dont. If you mess up the alignment of that you will notice especially if you do it after you do the toe.

Reactions: Dyl