Did something stupid... bought a 1990 Sea Nymph SC 175

Looks like a fun project and at the price you got it, the trailer was worth more. Do you have a garage to work on the interior this winter?

Yup, my garage is decently long and big enough to do what I want. Thankfully, it's also heated so I shouldn't have an issue getting the foam done (refoaming the bottom) as well as the new vinyl.

Reactions: cliffish
Enjoying the 60º temps while we have them - moved the boat out to the driveway and pulled the remaining foam off the floor and pulled the gas tank (had to be drained of old gas anyways). I picked up a Simpson 3400 psig power washer a few weeks ago and used it to give the hull a thorough washing.

IMG_0440.jpg

Tanks still had ~10 gallons of old (2017 ish?) gas inside...

IMG_0438.jpg

Since the original floorboards were totally rotted out, I didn't have anything to use as a template. I ended up making a "grid" using the floor supports as my guide. I transferred the length of each rib onto the floor, then used an 36" straight edge to make the contour...
IMG_0384.jpg

The process got me close, but I ended up using a hand plane to get the edge nice and smooth, as well as remove some material from the one area that needed it.
IMG_0385.jpg

After about 20 minutes of test-fitting, I had two perfectly matched sides and was able to rip the center board to the correct width.
IMG_0386.jpg

Currently working on sealing and glassing the boards with polyester resin and fiberglass mat. This will add some strength with minimal weight increase, plus help increase the waterproofing.
IMG_0445.jpg

Up next...
- Goop Coat-In the rear panel, floor, seams, rivet panels, etc.
- Install the transom replacement wood and seal up everything back there
- Install thru-hull fittings, mount and seal live well and bilge pumps, pre-run live well and bilge hoses
- Once the transom penetration sealer cures, I'll remount the engine
- Get the floor boards installed and drill some 1" holes to allow for foam to be poured in

If I can get those 5 things above done before winter hits, I'll be happy. I can do them during winter, but having the boat outside for a few days really frees up some room inside and makes it a million times easier to get done.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Nice work, PC. Just think, where you are it will only be another 9 short months until you can use the boat…

🙂

Reactions: pc1p