1. Want to have your TJ featured as the January 2018 "Ride of the Month"? Click here to submit a photo of your TJ. Submissions are accepted until January 20th!
    Dismiss Notice

STICKY Different ways you can help support this forum

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by Chris, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Mon0cle

Mon0cle Member
    Supporting Member

:risas3:, now that's funny.

I had no idea, and I'm sure there are many who also didn't. Moving forward I'll be using my prime with that in mind.

Seriously Chris, i think there would be plenty of us who would love to be a "Monthly Supporting Member". I understand you don't want to make it look like your asking for a subscription fee. Just word it accordingly. Set it up as an automatic payment that's easily cancelled, we choose the monthly amount, something like that. I bet you'd be surprised how many would make it so. Then you might be able to actually grab some KO2s for yourself.;)

Kyle_W and Chris like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

You're welcome! And thank you for the kind words!

Well, I'm a web designer / developer for a living (that's my main job), so I know way more about it than most. Hosting a simple mom and pop website isn't that hard, but when you get into managing your own dedicated server and a big site like this, it's time consuming. I can honestly tell you that now that this site has grown to the level it has, It's become a part time job, 20 hours a week, maybe more depending. A lot of it is server management, but a good portion of it is SEO I work I put in for Google AdWords campaigns, etc. There's way more to it than meets the eye.

Also, I'm not content with just letting the forum sit and grow old (like some forums do), I'm constantly adding new features and improving the user experience as much as I can.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

That's not a bad idea. I could just set it up as an option, just incase anyone felt like paying $5 a month or something.

Now whether or not I would spend it on KO2s... that's another story... haha. Once you go Duratrac you never go back! :p

Mon0cle likes this.