Diffrent coil springs?

Guam671jeeper

was wondering if anyone knew the differences between an xj coil spring and a Tj.i was told that the stock xj springs are a little taller than the tj's springs?im able to grab the xj springs for free but I would want to know first.thanks in advance

was wondering if anyone knew the differences between an xj coil spring and a Tj.i was told that the stock xj springs are a little taller than the tj's springs?im able to grab the xj springs for free but I would want to know first.thanks in advance
about a 1" difference I've "heard", even more with v8 grand Cherokee coils.

Reactions: Chris
Looked into that. The issue becomes spring rates and what to do about the rear springs. It seems that the closest match for rear springs on a TJ is an obscure Ford Crown Vic police car. Being poor, I was trying to figure out a budget spring lift. It's doable, but getting the ride heights and spring rates matched front to rear is pretty tough.

Reactions: Chris

They are stiffer too.