Digital license plates

I've seen one in person (on a CA-tagged car), and I'm pretty sure the main purpose of this is separating a fool and about $800 of their money, in exchange for not having to put a sticker on a plate every two years.

Yep, sounds about right.

I can't think of any reason why this is a good idea other than like you said, to separate a fool from his money.

Their "about us" is interesting to read. Though I think they are trying to solve a problem that doesnt exist. I can't recall a time that I have been burdened by a license plate.

Reactions: Chris
Their "about us" is interesting to read. Though I think they are trying to solve a problem that doesnt exist. I can't recall a time that I have been burdened by a license plate.

There was a time that I couldn't find my front license plate because I took it off for wheeling, it was a burden. One this won't fix and would likely exacerbate.

This is for those who believe function follows form and would say things such as "license plates are ugly" and "this digital license plate looks cool".

If you read all the way through the add, it’s customizable. Specifically you can use a background that displays your favorite activity…….one listed was belly dancing! @Zorba
Zorba said:
200.gif

A high quality screen would make transporting drugs around the country easier. Most get busted here because they have CA or CO plates and get noticed. And they are dumb enough to speed.

Flip a switch and change the plates to whatever state you are in.

Reactions: Chris
I don't use license plate holders, my front plate is bent to match my bumper, and the rear is wrapped around the tub corner.
That should work just fine with these digital plates too, right?