Alabama Directions to get into Iron Gap Trail?

Rickwojo

I have a question about the Iron Gap trail...... Could someone please point me to a map that shows me how to get from
Gurley,AL to the trail head. I would guess its a turn off from Iron Gap Rd, I just don't know where. I would really appreciate
any help..........

Thank you,
Rick W.

I have a question about the Iron Gap trail...... Could someone please point me to a map that shows me how to get from
Gurley,AL to the trail head. I would guess its a turn off from Iron Gap Rd, I just don't know where. I would really appreciate
any help..........

Thank you,
Rick W.

From my understanding you can run from the Alabama side on Estill Forks rd. or from the TN side as Iron Gap.

@AndyG or @Artsifrtsi both have run it quite a bit. They should be able to help you.

I’m at work and I don’t have the resources but don’t get intimidated-

You’re going to go out county 65 all the way to paint Rockvalley then you’ll go past that to 35- At 35 if you hang a right and you’ll only go something like 100 feet and then you’ll turn left

You’ll stay on that until you drop off in the creek and bear left

Your own dirt and you’re in the woods -
I don’t know if I it is iron gap there or where you turn left a few miles up in the air but you are there-

We would be more than happy to show you on Saturday

Reactions: John Cooper
I’m at work and I don’t have the resources but don’t get intimidated-

You’re going to go out county 65 all the way to paint Rockvalley then you’ll go past that to 35- At 35 if you hang a right and you’ll only go something like 100 feet and then you’ll turn left

You’ll stay on that until you drop off in the creek and bear left

Your own dirt and you’re in the woods -
I don’t know if I it is iron gap there or where you turn left a few miles up in the air but you are there-

We would be more than happy to show you on Saturday

John thank you. I and another Jeep truck planned to go Saturday........ I think between you and Andy I do believe we can gett'r done .... :) I hopeto see you there. We are meeting up at the Hardees on Hwy72 about 9:30a.m. Saturday. My friend drives a white Jeep, and I drive a red '21 Bronco.....

okay John we're still set to meet in the morning. It would be good to have ya. (White jeep, red bronco)

Not gonna make it. Jeep popped a PO765 code and will be waiting on Mark from @Wranglerfix to email me back. Gonna check all the wiring tomorrow.

Just not enthused enough tonight, my creeper and 90% of my tools are at work.

Ok next plans are for Hollytree OHV !!!!!

Have any of y'all been? Possible dates are July 13th, 20th or 27th.

Talk to me folks.

Ok next plans are for Hollytree OHV !!!!!

Have any of y'all been? Possible dates are July 13th, 20th or 27th.

Talk to me folks.

I've been wanting to go, have heard good things about this park.

We'll need to see about the dates... we have a busy travel season, but I'm thinking the later dates would be better for me...

I've been wanting to go, have heard good things about this park.

We'll need to see about the dates... we have a busy travel season, but I'm thinking the later dates would be better for me...

Yeah, that looks like a good place to go. I will keep it in mind in case I can go. July is quite busy for me.....