Dirt Road Anthem

Before Luke Bryan sold out. This HAS to be played in my Jeep when I drive it lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, same lyrics as every other bro song. Farm, barn, tractor, truck, girl, river, solo cup. Same chords and beat like every other song.

"welcome to the farm, where you roll your windows down" I can roll my windows down anywhere.

Rant off, I have to leave this thread, I can't stand this new country garbage. Guess that's why I am more of a metal head.
Maybe I really am getting old.

At least he uses actual musical instruments in this song. The bro country is hot trash and I wish all those people would stop making music, or move to Canada. This was before your bro country era started anyway.

Oh, and nice of you to come in here and hate on other people’s music choices. Sounds like you got a little triggered [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what do you guys think of Sam Hunt?

:band:

I used to love country but the new stuff is just terrible. Opposite ends of the spectrum but Ive been into a lot of Indie Folk/Indie Americana lately. I just found out about a guy named Kurt Vile, his stuff has been fun and interesting to listen too. Has kind of a Tom Petty sound to him.

I don't know if any of you listen to country music but I way just how that is a great "jeep" song what are songs you like to listen to in your Jeep.
I live less than 10 miles from Pots Farm that is mentioned in the song and the same from Brantly Gilberts house

Oh, Dude! I am SO gonna look further into his music. Hope he has more like this. Thanks, @Thunderhead!

He’s great. Seems old school like Willey and Waylon. Shit ton of songs. Another to hook ya
Check out "Cover Your Eyes (Album Version)" by Jamey Johnson on Amazon Music. https://music.amazon.com/albums/B00...0042D0PUQ&ref=dm_sh_IymSR9B4qMcWMjblM5YSicXfH

And

Emmylou Harris has always been a favorite. Her voice is like no other, to be sure. I'll check out the Jamey Johnson songs. Thanks again, brother!

Jamey made a great decision to foist the Badonkadonk tune off on Trace so he wouldn't be known as the butt guy. Check out his early work on “The Dollar.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunderhead
There's a song called My Church by Maren Morris - it's new country so it's not for everyone. It's basically about how her car is her church, and that she finds peace in driving.

And Runnin Down a Dream by Tom Petty. Classic driving tune.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Some songs that are timeless in my eyes are "Home"-Blake Shelton, "Southern Cross"-Crosby, Stills & Nash, "Amie"-Pure Prairie League, and "Amanda"-Don Williams. I can put those songs on "repeat" and just get lost in time...
In my ignorance I had previously thought "Southern Cross" was a Jimmy Buffet original.

Thanks for the recommendations @Squatch, my music library just increased :)

Reactions: Squatch