Dirtworx rear bumper with tire carrier and rack

Shwane

Backcountry Jeeper
Supporting Member
Does anyone have a pic of the above noted? The pics on his website aren't working for me. I'm looking for a rear tire carrier with a cargo rack and hitch receiver and I've read nothing but positive things from this guy.

3e340e_470c10472013420591e524f30e250763.jpg

Does anyone have pictures of the larger rack system close up (the first picture in the thread)? I am considering the larger one so I can carry my Jerry cans.

I dont use mine!
3rd brake light? With all the drunk, stoned, high, and inattentive drivers that 3rd brake light could save your bacon some time in the future. I will be welding a 3rd brake light support housing onto my OR-Fab tire carrier within the next weekend or two.

This is a Smittybilt tire carrier with a custom built mount for Rotopax tanks, hi-jack, and shovel. It is very compact and extremely rigid.
92E23C00-7898-47EA-8284-113051E72E32.jpeg
1A394983-3D0E-4F4F-A0AE-AC63F983232C.jpeg

For what it's worth, I have a Jeeperman bumper/tire carrier (it looks exactly like the RockMan bumper in my previous post). Like many, it pivots on a single pin at the bumper, and is latched at the bottom on the other side. It worked well for years, until I did a Rubicon run and had to load all my gear and fuel on it to keep the inside clear for my two German Shepherds. With all that weight, the carrier would rock back and forth when rock climbing. When I got home, I got some steel tubing and added an upper hinge and clamp, so the tire carrier now is held top and bottom. When the carrier is clamped shut it seems strong enough that pulling on it would pick up the front wheels. If your tire carrier is only fastened at the bottom, I'd be careful about how much fuel/gear/35" tire I'd put on it.

Overloaded with gear:
IMG_3116.jpg

Original:
IMG_0268.JPG

Modified:
IMG_0276.JPG

Stainless steel clamp:
IMG_0288.JPG

Reactions: rasband