Disconnecting woes

Dunkut88TJ

Living the Dream
Supporting Member
Trying to turn my disconnect so it sits properly. Still considering antirock or jks, but for now this sits twisted which annoys me! Any words of wisdom to get it loose? I really need a vice to hold it while I twist, soaking in PB blaster currently. Thanks!

DE46AF45-815F-4B69-A7F5-46F1E998D85B.jpeg

Last edited:
Grab 2 wrenches. Put one on the nut that holds it from spinning. Put the other one on the part you want to spin. Turn the wrenches in opposite directions.

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
You need a vise, that would solve this.
Yeah it dawned on me right after I posted this. Now to find a neighbor lol
Grab 2 wrenches. Put one on the nut that holds it from spinning. Put the other one on the part you want to spin. Turn the wrenches in opposite directions.
I have tried this, Maybe the PB blaster will have helped. Will give it a another turn while waiting to hear if someone has a vice

Reactions: RMETeeJay and Chris
Next time you need a penetrant, go with Kroil, Liquid Wrench, or Break-Free... in that order. PB-Blaster is terrible as a penetrant, it is barely better than WD-40 which does not describe itself as a penetrant.

P.S. A vise is what's on a work bench, a vice is more fun and what the prudes go after. 🤣

• Haha
Next time you need a penetrant, go with Kroil, Liquid Wrench, or Break-Free... in that order. PB-Blaster is terrible as a penetrant, it is barely better than WD-40 which does not describe itself as a penetrant.

P.S. A vise is what's on a work bench, a vice is more fun and what the prudes go after. 🤣
Good ADVICE 😂😂

the nut is just spinning up and down. I’m guessing the threads actually screw in and that bolt locks it in place?

image.jpg

Good ADVICE 😂😂

the nut is just spinning up and down. I’m guessing the threads actually screw in and that bolt locks it in place?

View attachment 217756
That nut is just a lock-nut, it only holds the the two halves in position so they don't turn against each other to change the overall length. When that nut is loosened the two halves of that piece can be adjusted to set/change its length. But it may need more penetrant over another day or two if those two halves are frozen/seized together.

ok, that’s what I thought, yeah you can see some rust and gunk. I hit it with a wire brush and more penetrant. PO decided to spray paint the entire underside of my Jeep which doesn’t help. And why??? I understand painting some items, but it’s like he took a black can of spray paint and just went bezerk under there 🤬

Reactions: Jerry Bransford