Distracted driving laws in Illinois just got more strict

This ain't a bad idea but I wonder what it really means.

Is the "three moving violations resulting in a license suspension" something new?

Do all three moving violations have to be a violation of the same law?

What is their definition of electronic device?

Considering that my son spent an afternoon on a ride along a couple years ago and said the office punched in every license plate he saw regardless of the speed he was driving or the amount of traffic he was driving in, I have to ask about this:

The new law does not apply to:
  • A law enforcement officer or operator of an emergency vehicle performing official duties

What exactly are the official duties? Just being on the clock?

Really? If you got the answers to my questions from that article, please share

Or you can read the article and just take it for the extremely straightforward nature in which it’s written.

You have some weird need to delve deeper when a reason to do so simply does not exist.

Don’t really know what else to tell you, buddy, and I certainly am not interested in hand-holding you through something as simple as this.

Is the "three moving violations resulting in a license suspension" something new?

Considering that my son spent an afternoon on a ride along a couple years ago and said the office punched in every license plate he saw regardless of the speed he was driving or the amount of traffic he was driving in, I have to ask about this:

freaking snow flakes eh

People are doing everything but driving nowadays. Texting, eating, putting on makeup, reading, writing, etc. I see all sorts of crazy shit being on the road so frequently. We can use the phone at work but are highly discouraged from doing so.

I would say running a plate is pretty official.

Heres BCs new law. The kicker is the premium on your insurance/registration.

distracted-driving-graph.jpg

Reactions: Jeffreybomb