DJ's Restoration ( dirty jeep )

SAWB

My Favorite Toy
Supporting Member
My names Will.
Bought this dirty jeep to fix up.
It has good bones as they say, really rust free and runs good 150,000 miles so not bad for a 1997 . It's a 2.5 with manual trans . Drives good so it's a good start to a really nice jeep when done. My wife said it looks like a piece of crap ! But she forgot what the 73 Bronco looked like when it was first brought home. See it cleaned up nice.

IMG_0207.jpg

And when I get done with the Jeep it will look really nice and she will like to be able to go for rides in the woods again.

BlueJeep.jpg

It's coming along but it just needs a lot of TLC !

IMG_0186.jpg

Just one step at a time and I will get there and DJ (dirty jeep) will become a Levi Edition tribute .
Let the fun begin ! Will

Last edited:
My names Will.
Bought this dirty jeep to fix up.
It has good bones as they say, really rust free and runs good 150,000 miles so not bad for a 1997 . It's a 2.5 with manual trans . Drives good so it's a good start to a really nice jeep when done. My wife said it looks like a piece of crap ! But she forgot what the 73 Bronco looked like when it was first brought home. See it cleaned up nice.

View attachment 321567

And when I get done with the Jeep it will look really nice and she will like to be able to go for rides in the woods again.

View attachment 321568

It's coming along but it just needs a lot of TLC !

View attachment 321569

Just one step at a time and I will get there and DJ (dirty jeep) will become Bluejay .
Let the fun begin ! Will
Like I said, with all due respects, the TJ, for me, is the prettiest of all Jeeps, and Over All, the Best. Its got the looks of an M38 on the front, the size of a CJ7, the ride of a car, is sturdy enough, simple still, and still rides with the Jeep feeling. I had many CJs, for years, raced, went to school on one, even slept on them on occasion, restored one from A to Z, and sweared there was nothing better than a CJ ( still the simplest to me ). But for my Retirement, I wanted another Jeep for going Off Road and do Camping on the Woods, and instead of a CJ, I fell for another TJ, why ?, because is much prettier to me. The Most Jeep is the M38 for me, but its too slow for traveling, so a TJ will do for me. Your Project will be fun, I bet, I will follow you, as I am starting mine today also, but I am into the speed cause I want to Ride it ASAP. I spent the right time on the CJ5 once, but not this time. See you on your Post on this, congrats !!!!! By the way keep that gorgeous blue color, is just too nice !!!!

Here mine, just got it from an old Gentleman yesterday. For now I call it Fe2O3TJ, my wife calls it “Golondrino“ .... ( male swallow bird ??? ). It will be stripped of every pound that does not help off road. So watch how a street car gets “undressed“ to wear a bikini.

BB,
I was looking for a green one but found this Pearl Blue one and I have to say I love the color . The interior was trash , have all new or totally restored going back in . Blue denim like the Levi edition CJ , re-dieing dash doors console everything. I guess I will have the only Levi Edition TJ around. LOL ! I will post pictures of the interior here when I finish , should be the the end of this month if the weather lets me. I'm not going too crazy with this jeep , just fixing the paint not a total respray , but I plan on using this jeep, it will see some dirt roads and creek crossings.
Will

Reactions: CV04TJR
I like the blue color too. Should turn out nice
Poto I like the green too. Matter fact mine will receive a simple cheap coat of Olive Drab and some military markings, ( plus shovel and tools hanging like an M38 ), but I want mine flat or satin at the most.

Reactions: SAWB
I like the Levi Jeep's of the 70's and I like the TJ's so I am restoring this TJ with a Levi theme. I bought Blue Denim seats and blue carpet and I am making the interior reminiscent of the CJ5 Levi Jeeps. I have the Levi decals to go over the Jeep decals coming so I guess I will have the only Levi edition TJ. It may be a little hokey a modern day Levi edition but I think it will be cool. I think I can tastefully pull it off and maybe others will like it too. I am making it into a very capable trail rig too and having a little fun.

IMG_0228.jpg

New controls arms on ... need to paint that frame before I start off roading this rust free gem so I can keep it that way.
IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

I think I will pressure wash the underside today and get it real clean , should be good and dry for paint touch up this weekend. Make the thing look new underneath .